Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 27 to 39 of 40

Thread: Miracle?

  1. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,876
    It is the media. Saw in New York a kid fell off a ship and her dad jumped in the freezing water and saved her. He was called a hero.

    Let's get real here. This is his daughter, hell if I saw a young kid fall into the water I would probably jump in not even knowing them.

    They had an interview with one of the rescue workers of the miners. He was ecstatic that they found them alive. He said he was at a loss for words. He was talking a mile a minute, sure did not seem to be lost for words.


    If miracles are beating the odds then it is a miracle I am still around. For a good ten years I went on a bender and my car found its way home every night without ever getting in an accident.

  2. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,964
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    Holy crap, It will be a Miracle if you guys stopped arguing over BS

    Oh goody, the argument police has arrived. Did you bring your big stick?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  3. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,876
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Oh goody, the argument police has arrived. Did you bring your big stick?
    Not arguing over BS? Then that would be the miracle stick.

  4. #30
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Rochester, NY, USA
    Posts
    14,417
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Oh goody, the argument police has arrived. Did you bring your big stick?
    as a matter of fact, I did
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    LOVE has four letters

    So does BEER, DEER,GUNS AND FISH

  5. #31
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Rochester, NY, USA
    Posts
    14,417
    Quote Originally Posted by bornriding View Post
    jmac, we're not arguing, we are discussing....

    Richard

    oooh ya, my mistake
    LOVE has four letters

    So does BEER, DEER,GUNS AND FISH

  6. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    20,677
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Sorry boots, etymologically speaking, there were no miracles cited in the Bibles. The Aramaic word that is translated into miracle is mopheth, which actually translates to sign, omen, token etc. The Greek words translated as miracle are dunamis and semeion. dunamis is used once by Jesus to denote extreme force, or as the New Testament refers to it as "miraculous power". semeion, like the Aramaic mopheth, again refers to tokens, signs and omens.

    No, what we refer to as miracles is a 12th century depiction of things of wonder;
    What? Do you often contradict your self in the same post?





















    Silly me. Of course you do.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

    For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

    http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

    Proud member of KA Club

  7. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,964
    Quote Originally Posted by bootlen View Post
    What? Do you often contradict your self in the same post?

    Silly me. Of course you do.
    OK, I've evidently embarassed you into side stepping the issue and setting up some sort of strawman rebutal. However, I have no idea what you are talking about. You were simply wrong about what you posted and I corrected you with facts. Can you not accept facts for what they are without having to make up some other diversion?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  8. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    forney texas
    Posts
    17,890
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    OK, I've evidently embarassed you into side stepping the issue and setting up some sort of strawman rebutal. However, I have no idea what you are talking about. You were simply wrong about what you posted and I corrected you with facts. Can you not accept facts for what they are without having to make up some other diversion?
    You don't see the contradiction. Why it's as plain as can be. You've contradided yourself more than once before.

    Solution. Slow down, think about what you post and make sure you've not taken a different position prior to typing your thoughts. Other than that, keep up the good work. It's highly entertaining

  9. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,964
    Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    You don't see the contradiction. Why it's as plain as can be. You've contradided yourself more than once before.

    Solution. Slow down, think about what you post and make sure you've not taken a different position prior to typing your thoughts. Other than that, keep up the good work. It's highly entertaining
    OK, so which is it? Am I being accused of contradicting myself, which I still don't see what is being referred to, or am I being accused of contradiding myself, which I do often.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  10. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    forney texas
    Posts
    17,890
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    OK, so which is it? Am I being accused of contradicting myself, which I still don't see what is being referred to, or am I being accused of contradiding myself, which I do often.
    Both

  11. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,964
    Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    Both
    Judging by my accusers, I am innocent.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  12. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    White Lake, MI
    Posts
    973
    Hey Robo

    Miracle = one of those terms that becomes defined by one's personal standards, not defined by a dictionary. Some folks standards may be lower than others, but who really wants to sit in judgement?

    Reminds me of a justice once asked to define pornography; "I can't tell you an exact definition, but I know it when I see it"

    Also makes me think for some reason about an unrelated saying I am fond of, the differance between comedy and tragedy. Comedy is when you hit your thumb with a hammer, tragedy is when I hit mine.

  13. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    forney texas
    Posts
    17,890
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Judging by my accusers, I am innocent.
    I have a easy button, can not vouch for Bootlen.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event