Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Robo I consider that a cop out not celebrating Christmas or Easter because you are worried about them being also "pagan" holidays. What gives pagans to right to preempt days during the year that only they can celebrate?

I say to heck with them and their holidays. We celebrate our holy days and if they coincide well who gives a flip. I sure don't and I'm not worried about how they got selected. To late now to change them. Just go with the flow. You won't get ran over so much that way. That is unless you just enjoy attacking windmills. Thank you, thank you very much
    More justification to do what you don't want to buck up against as not being of God. It is not just the date, it is the entire concept of these two Pagan festival days that reeks of the Paganism that God specifically warned the Hebrews not to participate in.

The only thing about Christmas that is remotely Christian is the use of Jesus Christ's name. The very fact that prior to just a few hundred years ago, the birth's of people was not of much significance. With so many children not making it to puberty, families did not dwell on birthdays. However, Pagans were real big on birthdays, fertility and female counterparts to male deities.

For as little as scripture does tell us about the birth of Jesus, Christmas does not pay much attention. The timing is all wrong for what scripture tells us about the time of year that Jesus was born, yet the timing is perfect for the birth of a Pagan sun god. Gift giving was not a practice among Jews for a birthday, but it was for Pagans and had been for centuries. As years went by, more Pagan rituals were added. The tree factor from the Druids, the decorating of the tree from Germanic Pagans, all of it is Pagan.

Easter is worse. How many Christians aside from myself revere Passover as a holy day? Jesus's Last Supper was a Passover supper. Why? Because Jesus was a devout Jew and Jesus commited Himself to the holy days of Jews. Jesus was not only devotional to the Passover, Jesus became the slain lamb of the Passover. Just as the blood of the slaughtered lamb protected the Hebrews in Egypt, the blood of the slaughtered Jesus protects all of us from eternal death. So, why do Christians not keep Passover as a holy day? Jesus did. Are we not supposed to attempt to live as Jesus lived?

But no, we have Pagan feritility rites involving oversexed bunnies laying colored eggs and a festival of colors to commemorate the slain lamb having risen from the grave. Even the very name Easter honors an Egyptian goddess of fertility. The only thing missing on Easter is having all of the well dressed congregation tossing off their clothes and having an orgy.

So Glenn, if you want to justify your doing something that is just theologically wrong, knock yourself out. But don't try telling me that I am the one who is copping out here.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by timebuilder View Post
    Secondly, existing holidays needed to be "overwritten," as when we reformat a hard drive and depolarize the magnetic molecules so the old data no longer exists. Onto this reformatted calendar, we wrote in celebrations of the living God, erasing the pagan celebrations in the process.
    So basically the dates that we celebrate on the Christian calendar are a lie. Not that it bothers me all that much but the concept of one truth being false just leads to pondering other truths.

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    OK. I still don't see it. Printer is absolutely correct. It is the man made methods of how to worship God that causes all of the problems. It is the "one sandal" syndrome that allows evil to have all who believe in God to turn on one another over what color Jesus's eyes were or whether God has a beard or not. Most of the things we fight over are not provable, but rather our conjecture from reading into scripture what is really not even there.
    I am not sure if my name is being taken in vain here... ...actually not a bad explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    Well , you cannot disallow one pagan ritual and advocate another. Reading books, even congregating for service are rituals pagans practiced. Some even wandered off by themself and had religious experiences
    I'm only responding because I can't tell if you are just trying to stir up irrelevant crap or if you really do not understand what I have been stating.

Since Pagans breath, Christians should not breath is not a valid point of view. I don't even think that those who participate in Christmas and Easter are Paganistic even when they do everything that is Pagan about those times. Only if the spirit of the action is a dedication to Pagan beliefs would those actions be Paganistic. However, just how often can we practice Pagan actions without unknowingly supporting Pagan belief? If a child is given a knife and taught to stab a roll of cloth appearing in a doorway on a certain day every year. What happens on that year that a person walks through that door instead of the bolt of cloth being pushed into that door. If we continue to practice things that are against God's will even though we don't believe it is against God's will, at what point can our actions actually become against God?

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    I am not sure if my name is being taken in vain here...
    Just keeping you on your toes.

I cannot believe that God has not communicated with all of God's Creations in man over the span of mankind's existence. There is a reason that God made the man and woman who spawned the Hebrew tribes separately from all of the rest of mankind. In Jesus Christ, God has brought all of mankind back together and has made us all equal in His proverbial eyes.
    I am of the mind God would not have put all his eggs in one basket. Why would you ignore most of humanity and pick one little tribe to carry your word. It is not as if other men through out time did not want to fill the spiritual side of their heart. History shows that man was more than willing to worship God.

As far as the Hebrew tribe being separate from the rest of mankind, I would be careful on that one unless you spent some time studying people's DNA.

I am of the mind God would not have put all his eggs in one basket. Why would you ignore most of humanity and pick one little tribe to carry your word. It is not as if other men through out time did not want to fill the spiritual side of their heart. History shows that man was more than willing to worship God.

As far as the Hebrew tribe being separate from the rest of mankind, I would be careful on that one unless you spent some time studying people's DNA.
    It is interesting that you bring up DNA. Throughout history, geneology is claimed to be based on bloodline. As we now know, blood has nothing to do with it. People of different races can have the exact same blood type. You can take all of the blood from a White person and replace it completely with blood from a very dark negroid person and no biological changes will take place. You just can't change a White person into a Black person.

It is our DNA that makes the difference in our races. Due to DNA, it is also a biological fact that a White male and a White female who neither of whom have any Black ancestors cannot produce a Black child. Therefore, using DNA as the rule, the basic different races of mankind must have been Created as such.

This is one reason that I don't believe that God did put all of His eggs in one basket. Scripture clearly states a Creation of mankind that includes male and female who were instructed by God to go forth and multiply. While there is no mention of how many of these male and female humans God Created, there is also nothing excluding a multiple race Creation.....in the beginning. It is not until later on that God forms the man called Adam and makes the woman called Eve. Adam is not said to be a Creation, but rather formed from the dust of the ground. Unlike God's Creation of mankind, Adam was formed as a lone human and placed in a garden. Adam was not instructed to go forth and multiply like God's Created mankind was. This would have been a bit difficult since Adam didn't have anyone to multiply with. Eve was made from Adam's rib. This is more of a grafting proceedure, such as would be done for a cloning. The DNA of Adam and Eve would be the same for each other, but different from that of any other of mankind.

So, it does not appear that God put all of His eggs into one basket at all. At least according to scripture.

It is interesting that you bring up DNA. Throughout history, geneology is claimed to be based on bloodline. As we now know, blood has nothing to do with it. People of different races can have the exact same blood type. You can take all of the blood from a White person and replace it completely with blood from a very dark negroid person and no biological changes will take place. You just can't change a White person into a Black person.

It is our DNA that makes the difference in our races. Due to DNA, it is also a biological fact that a White male and a White female who neither of whom have any Black ancestors cannot produce a Black child. Therefore, using DNA as the rule, the basic different races of mankind must have been Created as such.
    Well the distribution of types A, B and O and rh+ & - among the races is different. White European have a much higher percentage of type A than the other races. South and Central Americans have a very high percentage of type O. O and B is more common in Africa and Asia than in Western Europe. All races have all types of the blood types but in different percentages.

"Native Americans and Australian Aborigines were very likely 100% Rh+ before they began interbreeding with people from other parts of the world. Most African populations are around 75% Rh+. Europeans have the lowest frequency of this blood type for any continent. They are 60% Rh+. The lowest known frequency is found among the Basques of the Pyrenees Mountains between France and Spain. They are only 47% Rh+.ages."

Just a fact that's all. It is still best to store your own blood prior to an operation for your own protection. Thank you, thank you very much.

http://anthro.palomar.edu/vary/vary_3.htm
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Well the distribution of types A, B and O and rh+ & - among the races is different. White European have a much higher percentage of type A than the other races. South and Central Americans have a very high percentage of type O. O and B is more common in Africa and Asia than in Western Europe. All races have all types of the blood types but in different percentages.

"Native Americans and Australian Aborigines were very likely 100% Rh+ before they began interbreeding with people from other parts of the world. Most African populations are around 75% Rh+. Europeans have the lowest frequency of this blood type for any continent. They are 60% Rh+. The lowest known frequency is found among the Basques of the Pyrenees Mountains between France and Spain. They are only 47% Rh+.ages."

Just a fact that's all. It is still best to store your own blood prior to an operation for your own protection. Thank you, thank you very much.

http://anthro.palomar.edu/vary/vary_3.htm
    Just so you know Glenn, only a person with a racist attitude would even post this. You obviously want there to be a difference in us, just like Obama does.

You forget about evolution. People with darker skin live or originate near the equator and the pigmentation of their skin developed to protect them from the sun. People of the fairer skin tone are from more northern climes.

White people lost some of their pigmentation to make up for the loss of sunlight and the need to produce vitamin D.

http://carta.anthropogeny.org/moca/t...n-pigmentation

Mediterranean people have darker skin tones than Northern Europeans. Darwin might have been on to something.

Just so you know Glenn, only a person with a racist attitude would even post this. You obviously want there to be a difference in us, just like Obama does.
    Not racist but the truth. Apparently you are a believer in PC speech and anything that goes against what ever is considered PC is to be attack like you are attacking my post.

There was nothing racist there. No more than you pointing out that we have different DNA and are of different color but I'm not supposed to say anything about blood types? How PC. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

You forget about evolution. People with darker skin live or originate near the equator and the pigmentation of their skin developed to protect them from the sun. People of the fairer skin tone are from more northern climes.

White people lost some of their pigmentation to make up for the loss of sunlight and the need to produce vitamin D.

http://carta.anthropogeny.org/moca/t...n-pigmentation

Mediterranean people have darker skin tones than Northern Europeans. Darwin might have been on to something.
    Really? So how do we account for all of the Black people in Chicago? Will they eventually turn White?

OK, there are evolutionary factors, which is why there are various shades of all races from the pale white Norwegians to the coal black Austrailian Aboriginies. There are still base differences between the base races. If it were only a matter of geographical evolution, Mongoloids and Asians would look the same.

Not racist but the truth. Apparently you are a believer in PC speech and anything that goes against what ever is considered PC is to be attack like you are attacking my post.

There was nothing racist there. No more than you pointing out that we have different DNA and are of different color but I'm not supposed to say anything about blood types? How PC. Thank you, thank you very much
    Well Glenn, since you brought up cop outs elsewhere I have noticed that you post a lot of cop outs. If someone doesn't agree with your racist viewpoint, they must just be PC. As if I have ever been PC

Don't you want to go back to that silly little argument about White people being more intelligent then Black people that I shot down with facts about some of the most intelligent people in the world?

Let me ask you Glenn, if you need a blood transfusion and your own blood has been contaminated, would you allow the blood of a Black person....a really dark Black person with pronounce negroid features, be put into your body?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast