I think we are being lied to...jobs data

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20100402/D9ER6S302.html

This is spewing with good news:

"This recovery is for real," said Chris Rupkey, economist

The nation added jobs at the fastest pace in three years last month

President Barack Obama seized on the positive numbers in the jobs report and took partial credit for them.

I do not understand the 'good news' as another line points out:

The unemployment rate stayed at 9.7 percent for the third month in a row,

So basically, nothing has improved... what a load of cr@p the media is delivering us by trying to spin this as a positive gain. WHOOPIE! BIG HIRINGS!!, when the unemployment rate is still the same,... I guess some jobs must have been lost in other areas. I find this troubling, in the sense of media dishonesty. There is something very wrong about this,... sounds more like propaganda than news. Disturbing.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

The percentage unemployed can go up, down, or remain the same depending on how many of them get counted. Seems like a more than obvious statement I know, but one week a person could be unemployed and looking for work and the next may be a student enrolled in school.

They may have taken a job if one was available before going back to school but since one was not they are now considered a student and not unemployed. If someone drops out of the employment scene but enters the job market because their is more economic activity and more jobs coming available the unemployment number may even get worse even though getting a job is easier.

Unemployment numbers are at best a guess. Jobs created are more accurate because generally they have to pay tax on their income. The real question is what kind of jobs are they? Heard you are doing a census and you may have hired a number of people on a part time basis.

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    The percentage unemployed can go up, down, or remain the same depending on how many of them get counted. Seems like a more than obvious statement I know, but one week a person could be unemployed and looking for work and the next may be a student enrolled in school.

They may have taken a job if one was available before going back to school but since one was not they are now considered a student and not unemployed. If someone drops out of the employment scene but enters the job market because their is more economic activity and more jobs coming available the unemployment number may even get worse even though getting a job is easier.

Unemployment numbers are at best a guess. Jobs created are more accurate because generally they have to pay tax on their income. The real question is what kind of jobs are they? Heard you are doing a census and you may have hired a number of people on a part time basis.
    Not in that article, but elsewhere said 1/3 of jobs created were census workers. That bodes bad. Things tend to pick up in the spring, so it looks more or less leveled off at 10 percent unemployment. As far as I can see.

Still no cause to have a parade, like you said. "what kind of jobs".

Overall, the economy added 162,000 jobs for the month. About a third of the gains came from the census, with much more to come: About 700,000 head-counters will be hired to tally the nation's population this spring.

My mistake, census was mentioned in the article,
    Last edited by Tool-Slinger; 04-03-2010 at 03:58 PM. Reason: I am retarded.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

"I think we are being lied to . . "

DUH!!!
    It's a mechanical device, designed by humans, built by humans and operated by humans. What could possibly go wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    Not in that article, but elsewhere said 1/3 of jobs created were census workers. That bodes bad. Things tend to pick up in the spring, so it looks more or less leveled off at 10 percent unemployment. As far as I can see.

Still no cause to have a parade, like you said. "what kind of jobs".

Overall, the economy added 162,000 jobs for the month. About a third of the gains came from the census, with much more to come: About 700,000 head-counters will be hired to tally the nation's population this spring.

My mistake, census was mentioned in the article,

They had an "expert" on just gushing over the number ... then when asked about the census "employed" she was trying as hard as she could to avoid answering. Then it turns out another forty thousand are also temporary government workers, so 80 out of 160 thousand are employed on a temporary basis by the government. Isn’t that good news…

"Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

Quote Originally Posted by fixacr View Post
    "I think we are being lied to . . "

DUH!!!
    LOL, ya, remember this?

The President’s economic advisors predicted that unemployment would rise to 9 percent by 2010 if Congress did not pass the stimulus bill, but that with the stimulus unemployment would stay below 8 percentage points.

http://blog.heritage.org/2009/07/02/...%80%99-claims/

A better statement would be, when are we not being lied to?
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by vmc1161 View Post
    They had an "expert" on just gushing over the number ... then when asked about the census "employed" she was trying as hard as she could to avoid answering. Then it turns out another forty thousand are also temporary government workers, so 80 out of 160 thousand are employed on a temporary basis by the government. Isn’t that good news…

and paid for by our tax dollars! It has nothing to do with the private sector and are only temp jobs.

Everything follows for a reason....

The stimulas package was nothing more than a bump up for wall street to futher invest our tax money in world trade. We now longer make anything that produces wealth.

A massive amount of skilled trades are sitting on the side lines doing nothing,but you have to face facts that Greenspan new exactly what he was doing and the false build up in real estate and a false build up when too many people lived beyond their means, based on a credit society.

Banks are there to support World trade. Joe Citizen is now too much of a risk factor.

Obama used his fear tactics to the max.

There is a direct connection between his Acorn days in Chicago,John Conyers,John Dingell, William Ayers(Appolo Alliance) and that is the old SDS Students for a Democratic Society.

Take away the Race Card and a liberal would not have a leg to stand on.

Quote Originally Posted by pdrake65 View Post
    and paid for by our tax dollars! It has nothing to do with the private sector and are only temp jobs.
    Important point there I think:

Government jobs are not any kind of a gain or positive thing...

Basically, they are an 'overhead' or 'expense' for our nation, I don't think I ever really thought about it exactly that way before, but that is a critical point to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    Important point there I think:

Government jobs are not any kind of a gain or positive thing...

Basically, they are an 'overhead' or 'expense' for our nation, I don't think I ever really thought about it exactly that way before, but that is a critical point to understand.
    That is exactly the way I look at it. The only reason I am more in support of our health care system than your own (New and old version.)

We are running about 10% overhead and you are at about 15%. It really does not matter to say that you have the best care in the world, it still sucks 5% more out of your economy than other countries.

Same with government, they cost a portion of our economy. All the talk about term limits and changes to the balance of power are just a distraction with the real issue. How much government costs you.

When we are all in the soup lines, fighting for our very survival, then maybe, just maybe all the Demicraps and Liberals will finally admit there is a problem and we're all being fed a line of caca. There is no jobs growth, only federal govt hiring more of their project people like the census.

The rate of growth is going nowhere, there is no wealth being created and probably won't be till the present admin is long gone. Not even then will we recover because everything we've been doing for the past years is counter productive for our country. We don't produce anything anymore, just consume. Whose getting rich off that?

Arrrgghhh, I can't believe the stupidity of half of what I read anymore, or hear.
    I'm just glad I'm old and had a good life.
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own