Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    More then likely with variations, I still agree with all that you have stated here. That is all I have been arguing for. Just because I may be a bit of a drama queen doesn't mean that what I am saying is wrong
    You a drama queen?

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    You a drama queen?
    Not by my definition. I consider myself to be more of a pre-emptive strike kind of a guy. But alas, some cannot see the true value in the methods of my madness. Those persons are in covered by the dictionary definition between idiosyncratically and idiotype.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Told ya so!

I guess we should not be surprised that Glenn prefers the RCC military march to anything of peace. As long as people like Glenn do not understand the teachings of Jesus Christ but rely on the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church instead, Christianity will always be a faith bastardized with evil.
    Robo that song (Onward Christian Soldiers) was written in 1865 in Protestant England and is in both the Methodist and Baptist Hymnal (I've sung it out of both) and is the theme song for the Salvation Army and has nothing to do with the RCC. Why do you say it does? Please explain or does everything have to have a RCC connection here? You need some help here.

I don't rely on the teachings of the RCC and why do you say so? I get my teachings from the Grace Missionary Baptist Church in Auburn, GA. I guess because you don't go to church you don't know one hymn from another Protestant or Catholic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onward,_Christian_Soldiers

I sure would like to know why and where you got this stuff from and then post it out here for all to see. Please explain because I'm getting a little upset. Oh and happy Easter to everyone except for you robo since you don't believe in it. My church sure does. Thank you, thank you very much
    Last edited by glennac; 04-04-2010 at 11:40 PM.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Not by my definition. I consider myself to be more of a pre-emptive strike kind of a guy. But alas, some cannot see the true value in the methods of my madness. Those persons are in covered by the dictionary definition between idiosyncratically and idiotype.
    I think you need to have the title of the "Grand Inquisitor" for this forum robo. You sure don't mind throwing accusations out there without any research or justification and I am referring to the song I recommended for folks to listen to. You said was a RCC military song. Well that is a Protestant hymn and then you accuse me of getting my teachings from the RCC. Please tell me what teachings, when and where? I sure would like to know. I won't rest till I find out where all this came from. Thank you very much.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Glenn, think about it. Where do Protestant churches come from? They are churches derived from Martin Luther's protestings of the Catholic Church. In essence, Protestant Churches are only somewhat altered Catholic Church in doctrine, dogma and rituals.

The Protestant Churches kept most to the RCC wrong teachings. The Pagan influenced Christmas and Easter being the most evident, but also the warrior like remains from the Crusades and other Roman Empire influenced war campaigns commited by the RCC. So yes Glenn, the attitude of Christians marching off to war is absolutely a Roman Catholic Church idealogy.

As for you ascertation that I don't attend church services, I have more diverse experience with different denominations of churches then most. I have been involved with the Methodist Church (where I was baptised and married the first time around), Catholic Church (mostly work related, but attended many services), Lutheran Church (where I was a member of the church board and taught adult Bible study), Episcopalian (attended many services and social functions with a lady friend) as well as a few synogogues. So Glenn, I am not exactly ignorant of the ways of church organizations.

Of all of the denominations of faith I have experienced, I found the congregation to be for the most part decent folk who at least wanted to be reverent. As well, most of the church leaders were decent men and women. There were a few though who were downright evil in nature. The worst was the pastor of a fairly large organization called Rock Church. Brother Bart was just downright evil with that church. I instructed my employees that it was ok to accept eating lunch with this group but not to drink anything that resembled Kool-Aid.

I hear what you are saying but can't agree. After all Christianity is about Jesus Christ coming to save us and most all Christian churches believe in that and otherwise have minor differences certainly a lot more in common than differences and we should be united against Islam and not be fighting among ourselves so much. Nothing wrong with a warrior attitude in dealing with our enemies certainly not like that commie surrender song Kumbaya. Anyhow please tone it down a little when harpooning those of us who feel a little different than you do on this subject respectfully ye old "Grand Inquisitor". Thank you, thank you very much
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by Frostie View Post
    Just watched the movie Doubt eh?
    Great movie, try deliver us from evil....that'll get your dander up.
    "The meek shall inherit the earth"
    "he that's walking with wise persons will become wise, but he that is having dealings with the stupid ones will fare badly" Proverbs 13:20
    "Pressure is something people feel when they don't know what their doing". Peyton Manning-superbowl MVP

http://www.deliverusfromevilthemovie...ndex_flash.php

You have to see this documentary to believe it............SICK!
    "The meek shall inherit the earth"
    "he that's walking with wise persons will become wise, but he that is having dealings with the stupid ones will fare badly" Proverbs 13:20
    "Pressure is something people feel when they don't know what their doing". Peyton Manning-superbowl MVP

And even though no priest has been prosecuted by law for their crimes, the RCC is crying that they are being treated unfairly;
    The Vatican heatedly defended Pope Benedict XVI on Tuesday, claiming accusations that he helped cover up the actions of pedophile priests are part of an anti-Catholic "hate" campaign targeting the pope for his opposition to abortion and same-sex marriage.
    UNBELIEVABLE!

No! Really! I find this to be unbelievable. Just what kind of a spell does the RCC have over the people of the world that they can get away with such horrific crimes?

I just love the part about them being persecuted for their opposition to abortion and same-sex marriage. This is the same organization that herolds one of the most despicable political leaders the U.S. has ever had; Ted Kennedy. Gee, was Teddy against abortion and same-sex marriage?

Quote Originally Posted by zachhvac View Post
    Muhammad was a pedophile.
    Not only was she 9 yrs old she was jewish, something a muslim today could be put to death for......................they can justify anything.
    A. It was the custom of the time.

B. Muslims were pretty thin on the ground at the time...
    Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from. Al Franken, "Oh, the Things I Know", 2002

Quote Originally Posted by Slatts View Post
    A. It was the custom of the time.

B. Muslims were pretty thin on the ground at the time...
    Not only that, but there is quite a bit of evidence that Mohammed did not have sexual relations with this wife until she was of proper age (for the time) to have sex. As much as I have grown to detest Islam as an evil entity, I just don't see dwelling on this as a factor of any wrong doing.

And the hits just keep on coming;
    The future Pope Benedict XVI resisted pleas to defrock a California priest with a record of sexually molesting children, citing concerns including "the good of the universal church," according to a 1985 letter bearing his signature.
    This kind of blows the popes claims of "I know nuthink!!!!".

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100410/...e_church_abuse

I just love this explaination about "modern" times versus the good ole days of the RCC's getting away with criminal activities in the 1980's;
    The Vatican confirmed Friday that it was Ratzinger's signature and said it was a typical form letter used in laicization cases. Attorney Jeffrey Lena said the matter proceeded "expeditiously, not by modern standards, but by those standards at the time," and that the bishop was to guard against further abuse.
    Of course! In 1985 it was an acceptable thing to do to protect child abusers within an organization that promotes sexual deviants with their made up rules that have nothing to do with the scripture they are supposed to be teaching others.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345