Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 40 to 52 of 64
  1. #40
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    forney texas
    Posts
    17,890
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    I am not saying that other so called religious leaders are not commiting crimes. What I am saying is that others do not have the immunity that the Catholic Church has and that other religious organizations are not deliberately impeding the law by protecting sex criminals and pedaphiles.

    It would also be helpful if you posted these claimed charges so we can see what they are. The raping of a young woman could turn out to be something entirely different then what you are implying.
    here it is

    http://www.terrelltribune.com/articl...ews/news03.txt

    I read this in the Dallas Morning News, but it originally showed in this small town paper

  2. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,876
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    While this certainly could be the case, it is doubtful. Not many people are inclined to claim they were buggered or forced into other unnatural sexual acts, even for money.

    Besides, there are not a lot of these instances that the animal that commited the crime has not admitted to having done so. These priests and their RCC protectors are acting as if they are beyond societal law and have the right to take care of such crimes as they see fit.
    Tell that to the natives. You know the Residential School System the government set up and had churches run up here? Well the government is paying compensation to all the people that had been in the system. You get more for being abused.

    And people are lining up to say they were. Mind you these are also the same people that line up to get their government checks every month, line up at my mothers church that runs a soup kitchen because the white man is giving away free food so we will have more money for booze and cigarettes. While this is a generalization there is a lot of truth to it.

    Not to say that people that belong to the Catholic church have such low morals but since we have taught there is no shame in being abused and we have a 'take what you can while you can get it' mentality in society, I have no doubt there will be those that come out of the woodwork to profit from the scandal.

  3. #42
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    newton,mass.
    Posts
    6,109
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Your question came with conditions as to how we are allowed to answer it. That is bullcrap. Are HVAC hacks not brought to light by the rest of us in the industry? Then why won't the RCC bring to light what their priests are doing molesting children? Do HVAC hacks who are caught ripping people off prosecuted and required to answer for what they do wrong, or do the rest of us protect hacks from being brought to justice? Then why should the RCC get away with protecting their own from justice for the crimes they commit? And if you think that molesting children is in the same catagory as ripping off consumers with bad workmanship, then there is something seriously wrong with your sense of right and wrong as well.

    I have always maintained that I do not hate Catholics. If anything, I feel that Catholics are victims of the RCC's bastardization of Jesus Christ's teachings and their Pagan influences. It is the RCC that is despicable in the way it functions and the things it teaches. When there are accepted practices of inducing self mutalation and constant pain on one's self and rapists of children are protected, there is something really wrong going on in that organization.

    As for your having "estimated" percentages, they are either derived from legal data, which is unrealistically low because of the protectionism of the RCC and the fact that most sexual molestations are never reported, making these "estimated" percentages irrelevant, or your "estimated" percentages are based on some speculation of how much is not being revealed, in which case it is an opinion. Since you have already made the stipulation that we cannot give our opinion, your question itself is irrelevant.

    Your question begs to judge on limited convictions being skewed by the guilty party. These molesters admit what they have done to others in their organization. Those who have the confessions are protected to not divulge those confessions. If it was your own daughter who was sexually molested by someone who confessed commiting the crime but could not be convicted because the confession was protected, would you care if that person made it to the data on what percentage of these crimes were committed by persons like the molester?


    So, you do not like my question so that makes it bullcrap … ummm … OK

    So, you say there is no protections or indifference to scum ball tradesmen … interesting, I think you as well as the rest of us know of guys ripping off customers. Do we turn them in … you are going to think that question is bullcrap as well, but the answer is with few exceptions no.

    Well as for estimates, you have no problem with the ones that bolster your argument but doubt any that don’t … that’s human nature, I sometimes fall into the same trap.

    There are actually professionals out there that are very good at extrapolating given information to give an accurate estimate. Is it absolutely accurate probably not, that’s why it is an estimate.

    Just wondering ... what is the actual (not what you think) percentage of priest that have done these low life things?
    I’m sorry for putting a restriction on the above question, I must admit I’m surprised that asking for actual information rather then made up “facts” bothers you so … I’ve made note of your concern and will be careful in the future when asking for “actual” information.

    You say you do not hate Catholics, well I will take you at your word. Oh, there is an old saying … if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck it’s a duck … just saying.

    Now for me this is getting into arguing, something I prefer not to do. I came at this from a fairness point of view, I am not a religious person, it’s clear that fairness with this subject is not a concern to you. As I stated before it’s your choice who or what to love or hate … I wish you good health in your future loving and hating.

    Just one more thing, bringing my daughter into this was uncalled for. It also underscores why I do not argue with people.

    Happy Easter


    .
    "Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

    "Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

  4. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,944
    Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Just because I explain their reasoning for their actions is not my agreeing with them. Just that I may have some insght into the thinking.

    I used to get beat as a kid. The common mode of thinking back then, especially in our 'Christian community', was that you put up a facade that you were a normal family with a perfect life.

    My grandmother let me know you do not bring shame to the family name. Family members have make sacrifices for the greater good of the family line. You do not want to paint the family name with something that will carry on into the future.

    That is the thinking, I do not agree with it but I do understand it.



    No, just that you have not thought it out. We do not know how many priests are bad and the church will not be providing that information. How about asking in the congregations that anyone abused that they can report it anonymously? You should get a better picture. You priests may have to keep quiet but no reason the congregation members should.
    If it was only one priest having molested one child that has been protected by the Catholic Church, that is reason enough for anyone in the RCC who had any knowledge of the crime and did not act to have that priest brough to justice...that would be enough of a picture for any reasonable person with any ethical humanity at all.

    The Catholic Church has been covering up crimes commited and have been protecting the criminals who commited those crimes. That is all that needs to be known. What other organization in the world can is publicly and knowingly allowed to cover up criminal actions commited by members of that organization and when discovered, protect the guilty from prosecution?

    All of this shows that the Holy Roman Empire still has major influence in the world.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  5. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,944
    Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    here it is

    http://www.terrelltribune.com/articl...ews/news03.txt

    I read this in the Dallas Morning News, but it originally showed in this small town paper
    If this man is found to be guilty, he will be prosecuted and will be sentenced for his alleged crimes. This is the way it should be. I don't understand what this has to do with Catholic priests being kept from ever reaching this point.

    This is a case of one woman making accusations against one man. The Catholic incidents involve hundreds of males and females saying the same priests did the same things to them. I don't see any correlation between this story and what the RCC has been able to get away with.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  6. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,944
    Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Tell that to the natives. You know the Residential School System the government set up and had churches run up here? Well the government is paying compensation to all the people that had been in the system. You get more for being abused.

    And people are lining up to say they were. Mind you these are also the same people that line up to get their government checks every month, line up at my mothers church that runs a soup kitchen because the white man is giving away free food so we will have more money for booze and cigarettes. While this is a generalization there is a lot of truth to it.

    Not to say that people that belong to the Catholic church have such low morals but since we have taught there is no shame in being abused and we have a 'take what you can while you can get it' mentality in society, I have no doubt there will be those that come out of the woodwork to profit from the scandal.
    Why do you keep trying to distract from the issue at hand? Do you believe that the RCC has the right to coverup child molestation by priests and protect priests who have molested children? That is the crux of the issue and the only thing that is of concern here.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  7. #46
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,944
    Quote Originally Posted by vmc1161 View Post
    So, you do not like my question so that makes it bullcrap … ummm … OK

    So, you say there is no protections or indifference to scum ball tradesmen … interesting, I think you as well as the rest of us know of guys ripping off customers. Do we turn them in … you are going to think that question is bullcrap as well, but the answer is with few exceptions no.

    Well as for estimates, you have no problem with the ones that bolster your argument but doubt any that don’t … that’s human nature, I sometimes fall into the same trap.

    There are actually professionals out there that are very good at extrapolating given information to give an accurate estimate. Is it absolutely accurate probably not, that’s why it is an estimate.


    I’m sorry for putting a restriction on the above question, I must admit I’m surprised that asking for actual information rather then made up “facts” bothers you so … I’ve made note of your concern and will be careful in the future when asking for “actual” information.

    You say you do not hate Catholics, well I will take you at your word. Oh, there is an old saying … if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck it’s a duck … just saying.

    Now for me this is getting into arguing, something I prefer not to do. I came at this from a fairness point of view, I am not a religious person, it’s clear that fairness with this subject is not a concern to you. As I stated before it’s your choice who or what to love or hate … I wish you good health in your future loving and hating.

    Just one more thing, bringing my daughter into this was uncalled for. It also underscores why I do not argue with people.

    Happy Easter


    .
    I never said I did not like your question, it was a valid question. What was wrong with your question was that you put stipulations on how it could be answered in order to steer any answer to what you wanted it to be, not what the facts are.

    This thread has nothing to do with bad HVAC techs, so I have no idea why you threw that useless red herring into the mix. Why was making a family member of yours an example uncalled for? Why don't you answer my question about you feeling the same about this issue if it happened to your own family member?

    This is bizarre. You people are making up all sorts of reasons, scenarios and excuses for not condemning the RCC for it's horrible actions that involve vile and evil attacks on children who are told to trust the very Catholic leaders who are preying on them. Is this some sort of mass hypnotic thing? Is there some supernatural presence that is actually getting otherwise sane and rational people to make excuses for not forcing an organization to come clean about crimes it's members have commited?

    There may be a supernatural entity protecting the RCC, but it ain't God.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  8. #47
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,944
    Getting away from the distractions to the subject at hand;

    Should priests who have molested children be protected from prosecution?

    Should the Roman Catholic Church be allowed to cover up child molestation by priests?

    Should the head of the Catholic Church be held responsible for priests who have knowingly molested children and have been protected by the Roman Catholic Church?

    Because it is so powerful and wealthy, should the Catholic Church simply be able to buy off prosecutions for sex crimes commited by leaders of the Catholic Church?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  9. #48
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,876
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Why do you keep trying to distract from the issue at hand? Do you believe that the RCC has the right to coverup child molestation by priests and protect priests who have molested children? That is the crux of the issue and the only thing that is of concern here.
    Just replying to your post, where you said no one would say that they were abused if they were not.

  10. #49
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Northern Indiana
    Posts
    1,406
    http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/...ain/index.html

    Maybe W should have been prosecuted for this Robo.

    I know: its not the same, blah, blah, blah.

    For the record, I feel the same way you do about this. The biggest problem I have with the RCC is the whole hierarchy. But, once again, these are human abuses.

    If your going to demand justice, lets demand it for all of God's children.

    And don't tell me that the military doesn't move people around and try to hide this stuff, because you and I both know that they do.

    Humans are fallable and weak creatures. Period

  11. #50
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,876
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Getting away from the distractions to the subject at hand;

    Should priests who have molested children be protected from prosecution?
    No.
    Should the Roman Catholic Church be allowed to cover up child molestation by priests?
    No they should not be allowed but you still have to prove that they are covering up something. Where my suggestion people that have been abused should come forward so we can determine who did what. The RC church will not do that if it does not have to.
    Should the head of the Catholic Church be held responsible for priests who have knowingly molested children and have been protected by the Roman Catholic Church?
    He should only be responsible for his own actions. Same as anyone that sins should be responsible for their sins. You should not be responsible for another's sins. Now anyone who knew about it should be held partly ressposible if they just ignored it.
    Because it is so powerful and wealthy, should the Catholic Church simply be able to buy off prosecutions for sex crimes commited by leaders of the Catholic Church?
    I do not think it is a question of simply. I think it will cost them money, some will get prosecuted, and some will get swept under the carpet.

    They should let priests get married. Their 'married to the church' bs is probably half the cause of all this.

  12. #51
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,944
    Quote Originally Posted by daytonafan View Post
    http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/...ain/index.html

    Maybe W should have been prosecuted for this Robo.
    Why? Did President W Bush cover up this incident and take actions to protect the soldier?

    I know: its not the same, blah, blah, blah.

    For the record, I feel the same way you do about this. The biggest problem I have with the RCC is the whole hierarchy. But, once again, these are human abuses.

    If your going to demand justice, lets demand it for all of God's children.

    And don't tell me that the military doesn't move people around and try to hide this stuff, because you and I both know that they do.

    Humans are fallable and weak creatures. Period
    You are correct; this is not the same at all. Once again, this issue is being attempted to be diluted with claims of other, unrelated crimes. Of course we should demand justice for all of God's children, and I do.

    There is no excuse for anyone commiting these types of crimes to anyone else. If my memory is correct, some of the children who have been molested over the past century have been poorer children of color.

    If you are accusing me of being preferential about the race or culture of abused children, you are very wrong.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  13. #52
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,944
    Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    No.


    No they should not be allowed but you still have to prove that they are covering up something. Where my suggestion people that have been abused should come forward so we can determine who did what. The RC church will not do that if it does not have to.

    He should only be responsible for his own actions. Same as anyone that sins should be responsible for their sins. You should not be responsible for another's sins. Now anyone who knew about it should be held partly ressposible if they just ignored it.

    I do not think it is a question of simply. I think it will cost them money, some will get prosecuted, and some will get swept under the carpet.

    They should let priests get married. Their 'married to the church' bs is probably half the cause of all this.
    More then likely with variations, I still agree with all that you have stated here. That is all I have been arguing for. Just because I may be a bit of a drama queen doesn't mean that what I am saying is wrong
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event