Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I believe more accusers are after big bucks and will lie to get them.

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    The priests may keep quiet about it but they are not the only one's that know if someone was abused.
    Just watched the movie Doubt eh?

Quote Originally Posted by ccut View Post
    Time for a round of Kumbaya?
    OH GREAT! Now you are asking Glenn to participate in singing a song that originated with African American negroes singing in a slang Hebrew dialect. To make matters worse, it was revived by tree hugging Commies when Joan Baez recorded it in the 1960's. About the only thing that can save this song for Glenn is that the Boy Scouts adopted it because of its' non-denominational and outdoorsy nature.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    I hate that sound with a burning passion. Don't even mention it. The murdering Islamist love to hear ignorant Christians singing that song. I say "Onward Christian Soldiers with the cross of Jesus fighting as to war". Thank you very much
    Told ya so!

I guess we should not be surprised that Glenn prefers the RCC military march to anything of peace. As long as people like Glenn do not understand the teachings of Jesus Christ but rely on the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church instead, Christianity will always be a faith bastardized with evil.

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Here this one is for you robo and or course you too zac. I hope you all still remember this all time favorite in Sunday School. Enjoy. Thank you very much

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zg8tb...eature=related
    Now that's a nice little ditty that is supported by scripture.

Quote Originally Posted by vmc1161 View Post
    Robo, don't be such an ass ... instead of answering the question you start throwing accusations. If you can't answer or most likely don't want to answer that's fine. I have made no excuses for them, I asked a question and you choose to insult instead. I am not a religious person, I am however a reasonable person and I try to look at things in an open minded way.

Now using your line of thought, every single guy in the trades is a hack scum ball ... they have to be right? I saw it on TV ... they did a hidden camera thing ... oh, and auto mechanics to, don't forget them.

If you want to go on a hate Catholics crusade that’s your right, it’s just a shame that you would exercise that right by hating others. The Catholics are the only free fire zone left in American so enjoy.

I come to this site to discuss ideas and thoughts, not to call people names or out yell them. If I am wrong about something I will admit it and learn. I will not start calling the other person names (except this time) I will remove myself from a pointless discussion. I see many here that are intractable and not worth the time or effort. I rarely argue with people, I do at times have heated discussions, I also never argue with someone I do not respect. You can decide for your self if we are discussing or arguing.

I do by the way know the estimated percentage, but I don’t think it matters to you so I’ll move on.
    Your question came with conditions as to how we are allowed to answer it. That is bullcrap. Are HVAC hacks not brought to light by the rest of us in the industry? Then why won't the RCC bring to light what their priests are doing molesting children? Do HVAC hacks who are caught ripping people off prosecuted and required to answer for what they do wrong, or do the rest of us protect hacks from being brought to justice? Then why should the RCC get away with protecting their own from justice for the crimes they commit? And if you think that molesting children is in the same catagory as ripping off consumers with bad workmanship, then there is something seriously wrong with your sense of right and wrong as well.

I have always maintained that I do not hate Catholics. If anything, I feel that Catholics are victims of the RCC's bastardization of Jesus Christ's teachings and their Pagan influences. It is the RCC that is despicable in the way it functions and the things it teaches. When there are accepted practices of inducing self mutalation and constant pain on one's self and rapists of children are protected, there is something really wrong going on in that organization.

As for your having "estimated" percentages, they are either derived from legal data, which is unrealistically low because of the protectionism of the RCC and the fact that most sexual molestations are never reported, making these "estimated" percentages irrelevant, or your "estimated" percentages are based on some speculation of how much is not being revealed, in which case it is an opinion. Since you have already made the stipulation that we cannot give our opinion, your question itself is irrelevant.

Your question begs to judge on limited convictions being skewed by the guilty party. These molesters admit what they have done to others in their organization. Those who have the confessions are protected to not divulge those confessions. If it was your own daughter who was sexually molested by someone who confessed commiting the crime but could not be convicted because the confession was protected, would you care if that person made it to the data on what percentage of these crimes were committed by persons like the molester?

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    I believe more accusers are after big bucks and will lie to get them.
    While this certainly could be the case, it is doubtful. Not many people are inclined to claim they were buggered or forced into other unnatural sexual acts, even for money.

Besides, there are not a lot of these instances that the animal that commited the crime has not admitted to having done so. These priests and their RCC protectors are acting as if they are beyond societal law and have the right to take care of such crimes as they see fit.

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    While this certainly could be the case, it is doubtful. Not many people are inclined to claim they were buggered or forced into other unnatural sexual acts, even for money.

Besides, there are not a lot of these instances that the animal that commited the crime has not admitted to having done so. These priests and their RCC protectors are acting as if they are beyond societal law and have the right to take care of such crimes as they see fit.
    If that was true, then why does the RCC pay millions to satisfy the claims.
    In yesterdays paper, a local preacher at a small nondenomination church was convicted of raping a young woman. This church has no money , so his penalty was probation and he could not preach at a church with daycare.
    If millions were at stake ,you would have heard about it just as you hear about what's going on in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    If that was true, then why does the RCC pay millions to satisfy the claims.
    In yesterdays paper, a local preacher at a small nondenomination church was convicted of raping a young woman. This church has no money , so his penalty was probation and he could not preach at a church with daycare.
    If millions were at stake ,you would have heard about it just as you hear about what's going on in Europe.
    I am not saying that other so called religious leaders are not commiting crimes. What I am saying is that others do not have the immunity that the Catholic Church has and that other religious organizations are not deliberately impeding the law by protecting sex criminals and pedaphiles.

It would also be helpful if you posted these claimed charges so we can see what they are. The raping of a young woman could turn out to be something entirely different then what you are implying.

Looks like England has had enough of this "diplomatic immunity" bullcrap from the RCC;
    Protests are growing against Pope Benedict XVI's planned trip to Britain, where some lawyers question whether the Vatican's implicit statehood status should shield the pope from prosecution over sex crimes by pedophile priests.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100404/...u_britain_pope

Good for England. Other nations need to follow suit. This is not medieval Europe any longer. The Church must adhere to secular laws and not be allowed to promote and protect sex criminals, expecially child molesters.

As for Glenn's wanting us to ignore the crimes of the RCC and how they are allowed to protect those who commit those crimes goes, because we should be focusing on Muslims, how does this issue bolster the Islamic view of Christians?

You just know that Islamic leaders are preaching to Muslims that what the RCC is doing is proof that Christianity if rife with evil. If an Islamic cleric molested a child or even got drunk in public, he would be the star of a beheading video to show how devout to God's will Muslim's are.

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Unbelievable! The Christian bashing printer taking up for these perverts, VMC is making percentile averaging excuses for them and Glenn is diverting the attention of their despicable acts away from them because they are Christian! No wonder these people get away with molesting children.
    Just because I explain their reasoning for their actions is not my agreeing with them. Just that I may have some insght into the thinking.

I used to get beat as a kid. The common mode of thinking back then, especially in our 'Christian community', was that you put up a facade that you were a normal family with a perfect life.

My grandmother let me know you do not bring shame to the family name. Family members have make sacrifices for the greater good of the family line. You do not want to paint the family name with something that will carry on into the future.

That is the thinking, I do not agree with it but I do understand it.

What's your point? Just let despicable raping of children go on because no one wants to talk about it? There is something seriously wrong with your thinking process and your sense of right and wrong.
    No, just that you have not thought it out. We do not know how many priests are bad and the church will not be providing that information. How about asking in the congregations that anyone abused that they can report it anonymously? You should get a better picture. You priests may have to keep quiet but no reason the congregation members should.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostie View Post
    Just watched the movie Doubt eh?
    Never heard of it. But I do not get out like I used to.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast