Post Likes

Digital/Bluetooth gauges

Speaking strictly for refrigeration purposes and not HVAC, what digital gauges and or Bluetooth probe sets do you use. I'm intrigued by the Iconnect but I think it does way more than I need. And the price is steep. I like the Testo gauges because they aren't so big like the SMANs but I've read they don't hold up. I think I would prefer to keep my analog gauge set and get a Bluetooth probe set. Idk... Opinions welcomed!!!

Post Likes
    I have the Testo 550 and can tell you the Bluetooth range is poor.
    Doug

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by VanMan812 View Post
    Speaking strictly for refrigeration purposes and not HVAC, what digital gauges and or Bluetooth probe sets do you use. I'm intrigued by the Iconnect but I think it does way more than I need. And the price is steep. I like the Testo gauges because they aren't so big like the SMANs but I've read they don't hold up. I think I would prefer to keep my analog gauge set and get a Bluetooth probe set. Idk... Opinions welcomed!!!
    I own the Sporlan smart service tool which isn't a set of gauges, but Bluetooth enabled transducers for temp and pressure. I use an app on my phone. They calculate superheat and subcooling at real time, it's perfect when diagnosing or setting TXVs or new installs.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Elizeze View Post
    I own the Sporlan smart service tool which isn't a set of gauges, but Bluetooth enabled transducers for temp and pressure. I use an app on my phone. They calculate superheat and subcooling at real time, it's perfect when diagnosing or setting TXVs or new installs.
    This is the setup I'm leaning towards the most. What is the Bluetooth range of the Service tool? I'm wondering if the PRO model is worth the extra $, since I think the big difference between the two is range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Well, I got the SMAN 360, I don't think they have bluetooth but I have heard good things about the bluetooh (460 I think) One of the contractors we used once was telling me it was the best thing ever because he got charge a system, start it up and while the temp would go down in the space hw would wait in his truck, playing Mobile Strike and check on his app what the gauges were at without having to wait in the baking hot sun.

Made me laugh

Post Likes
    I have a set of Testo 550s and smart probes. I'll agree that the Bluetooth range on the 550s are poor.
    I find the smart probes more convenient for start ups/commissioning. Plus, the range is better.

Pretty sure your construction department has some 550s... lol

Post Likes

I have a brand new set of Testo that I have never used , ,, I figured by the time I hook up , choose refrigerant type , open app I could already have my readings off my analogue set.
    The primary function of the design engineer is to make things difficult for the fabricator and impossible for the serviceman.

Post Likes
    This is the setup I'm leaning towards the most. What is the Bluetooth range of the Service tool? I'm wondering if the PRO model is worth the extra $, since I think the big difference between the two is range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bluetooth 4.0 has range up to 300 feet, I have never connectivity problems with it. It has all the most up to date refrigerant, even odd ones like 508b.

Post Likes
    I have the I conect and love it but it's extremely expensive and am disappointed that you can't map sensors to read several superheats off one transducer. With that being said iam testing the new Sporlan pro sensors they work amazing long range multiple superheats on one page reports more refrigerants . I would wait for the Sporlan pro