What else comes to mind? Anyone!

People who do this just make us look that much better!
    R2B4BTU

That doesn't look like an Alco biflow drier, regular EK...

Nice, I think that guy has family around here. I see that kinda stuff alot around here. Lots of strictly plumbing co. installing HVAC on the sly.
    Sometimes when I consider what tremendous consequences come from little things, I am tempted to think there are no little things!

Well it is actually a 163s 3/8 liquid line drier installed on the 7/8 suction line of a heat pump. That isnt the worst part, not only did this unit get (raped) fixed, but the other four units lined up along side of this one also got "fixed".

Originally posted by cptbluballz
    Well it is actually a 163s 3/8 liquid line drier installed on the 7/8 suction line of a heat pump. That isnt the worst part, not only did this unit get (raped) fixed, but the other four units lined up along side of this one also got "fixed".
    I could be wrong here, but isn't a 163s drier a 1/4 inch sweat? 083s is the 3/8.

Originally posted by dorrmann
    Originally posted by cptbluballz
    I could be wrong here, but isn't a 163s drier a 1/4 inch sweat? 083s is the 3/8.
    163s is a 16 cu.in.3/8" sweat drier, 083s is a 8 cu. in.3/8" sweat drier.
    We've been doing so much,for so long,with so little, that now we can do almost anything, with nothing at all.

thanks don for confirming the drier size, but even if it was 1\4 inch, on a 7\8 suction line........something doesnt add up here.

I'm trying to post the other half of this job but the picture wont show up for some reason. I'll try again later. The customer told me that the fire department had to come not once but twice while the guy was there trying to fix the leak.

I agree, no matter how you look at it, that is not a pretty picture.
    Maybe someday sombody will start a recovery group.
    They can call it "Hacks anonymous".
    We've been doing so much,for so long,with so little, that now we can do almost anything, with nothing at all.

I'm sorry, but I think you guys are a little confused. I've seen his work before.

He didn't put the wrong drier on. He used the smaller tubing for the suction line, and the bigger one for the discharge line.

Bi-flow isn't a problem if you have a 3/8 drill bit to run thru the filter.

You're correct. That's what I get for writing right after a nap.

I was thinking a 162 (1/4) and a 083 (3/8). For some reason my mind was along the track that the first two numbers were the size, and not the last number.

Maybe I should just lay off of the crack.

What's up with the conduit in the background? It looks as if it was in a burning building or something.