Thread: trane cvhe

Hybrid View

trane cvhe

I am currently having issues with a trane cvhe centrifugal. On start-up sequence I cannot get any voltage coming through the K1,2,3 contacts on number 8 & 9 (1tb2 terminal strip). Then the unit goes into alarm. (momentary loss in power). To me it looks like there is a problem with the board (1u2). Anybody with any experience with this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Max77 View Post
    I am currently having issues with a trane cvhe centrifugal. On start-up sequence I cannot get any voltage coming through the K1,2,3 contacts on number 8 & 9 (1tb2 terminal strip). Then the unit goes into alarm. (momentary loss in power). To me it looks like there is a problem with the board (1u2). Anybody with any experience with this problem?
    Please post model and serial numbers. That will tell us which vintage controls you have. (Unless someone retrofitted newer controls on an older machine).
    "Wheel" mechanics work on "Wheel" chillers

If this is a black classic 8&9 is your evap flow switch.

I'm going to go way out on a limb and guess its either a UCP1 or 2

You need 2 Trane manuals, CVHE-SB-22A & CVHE-SB-32A each is the troubleshooting manual for each chiller control system.

Quote Originally Posted by Doesn'tPhaseMe View Post
    I'm going to go way out on a limb and guess its either a UCP1 or 2

You need 2 Trane manuals, CVHE-SB-22A & CVHE-SB-32A each is the troubleshooting manual for each chiller control system.
    I'm guessing UCP1. Check your starter auxilliary switches.
    Low Pressure Forever!

If you know heavy metal, you can work anywhere-Dave Andreson

Anchors Aweigh my boys, Anchors Aweigh!
    Farewell to foreign shores, We sail at break of day. Through our last night on shore, Drink to the foam. Until we meet once more. Here's wishing you a happy voyage home!

695 panel, a black panel dosen't see momentary power loss. Check your F2 fuse, if you've got no power on the points you listed. As stated above use the CVHE-SB-22a to help you out.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis.

CVHE-SB-22A wanted

Please email me CVHE-SB-22A.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by txhvac View Post
    695 panel, a black panel dosen't see momentary power loss. Check your F2 fuse, if you've got no power on the points you listed. As stated above use the CVHE-SB-22a to help you out.
    Not to get picky but the black classic does see momentary loss of power. It's called a distribution fault.