comfort view and t59 stat

i have a building with 3V, comfortview and t59 thermostats with setpoint adjust.

if using the thermostat setpoint do i need to do anything special with the occ/unocc setpoints in comfortview ?

i was told that the heat/cool setpoints may have to be set the same such as 72/72.
    IV IV IX

use your head for something other than a hat rack.......Gerry

i have a building with 3V, comfortview and t59 thermostats with setpoint adjust.
    Do you have the ones with the slide at the bottom or the up/down arrow buttons? No difference in operation except with the button style you cant change the offset number on the display to match SET_LIMT, it is always +/- 2 on the display.

if using the thermostat setpoint do i need to do anything special with the occ/unocc setpoints in comfortview ?
    You need to enable this function in the SERVICE\OPTIONS\SET_LIMT table. The default is 2.0, which is enabled & adjusts up or down 2dF. A value of 0.0 will disable offset. The offset only effects occupied setpoints.

i was told that the heat/cool setpoints may have to be set the same such as 72/72.
    I typically set the occupied setpoints at 72/74 with a 2.0 offset. This gives a range of 70/72 to 74/76. I find 2dF between them works well for most jobs. I never match the OccLow & OccHigh or go closer than 1dF, this gives you a 1dF Vent mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qui-Gon Jinn (Star Wars Episode 1)
    "The ablilty to speak does not make you intelligent!"

thanks for the help. i'm a newbie when it comes to the carrier stuff.

these stats have the buttons.
    IV IV IX

use your head for something other than a hat rack.......Gerry