Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    If you can afford a pay cut then do it. You won't be on less money forever more.
    Martyn

50 & 60 hz but 100's worse

You Don't have to go backwards, Why don't you get into Commercial HVAC ? Guys that can do Chillers and Boilers are always in demand! Not only that Controls will continue to grow and if you young guys don't step in who is going to do it when us old guys retire? Or how about big commercial refrigeration? Those guys are the overtime KINGS! Band-aids and Neo-sporin no thanks!
    Challenge yourself, take the CM test --- Certificate Member since 2004 ---Join RSES ---the HVAC/R training authority ---www.rses.org

why dont i get into commercial refrigeration? or commercial HVAC? well thats because Its slow as heck! The union halls are not accepting anymore aps cause most of there guys are laid off.

I had that coming. Good Luck.
    Challenge yourself, take the CM test --- Certificate Member since 2004 ---Join RSES ---the HVAC/R training authority ---www.rses.org

Quote Originally Posted by relay101 View Post
    Another question for everyone, I am making more at my current job then the food service equipment job. The Reason i wanna change jobs is that I feel like I am not growing anymore, I would like to get into the refrigeration business. WOuld you take the lesser paying job just to get the experience? or would you stick with your current job?
    I think it would only be worth it if you know that you are going to make more in the long run. I believe that it would be worth it only if the pay decrease wasnt too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Bee View Post
    You Don't have to go backwards, Why don't you get into Commercial HVAC ? Guys that can do Chillers and Boilers are always in demand! Not only that Controls will continue to grow and if you young guys don't step in who is going to do it when us old guys retire? Or how about big commercial refrigeration? Those guys are the overtime KINGS! Band-aids and Neo-sporin no thanks!
    Commercial refrigeration is deffinately overtime I average 15 hours of it a week.
    Come on get into it and maybe I can be home by 7.

Jim

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12