+ Reply to Thread

Thread: This just passed home inspection

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Sorry about the quality. It was taken with my camera phone in bad lighting. The call was to clean and service heater per home inspector. Yes the heater was dirty,but I cant believe the inspector didnt say anything about the chimney being disconnected and not pitched properly.

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Is this a midwest job? I have seen many flue system's like that in the midwest when I was still doing service work. I can not believe the inspector passed that crap. I remember an inspector in Iowa that had no clue as well. How he landed that job I will never know.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by leework2000
    Is this a midwest job? I have seen many flue system's like that in the midwest when I was still doing service work. I can not believe the inspector passed that crap. I remember an inspector in Iowa that had no clue as well. How he landed that job I will never know.

Iowa huh....

I live in southeast Iowa, a small town of 7,500 with 3 surrounding towns of similar size in the county. About a year ago or so the county did away with the inspector's position sighting budget cuts as a reason. So, we not only don't have to get permits but there is no more inspections either. However, if we travel out of county we still have to follow thier regulations. There are 6 counties in our service area that don't require inspections. It's kind of scary really but there really aren't many hacks here. I suppose this could be due to the fact that out of the 3 other contractors in town besides us, the owners all origioanlly worked for the company I work for. As a joke we are called Roe School of Heating & Refrigeration since everyone has learned from us.

P.S. What was it like to finally get out of the midwest, I've lived here my whole life
    There are 3 ways to do anything in life; Good, Fast, Slow: You can pick any 2.

Post Likes
    I grew up in the midwest and worked there most of my working life until a few years ago. Moved to CA looking for gold! That was a joke! The only person geting rich there was the GM and owner. We charged premium for our work but did crappie work. Cut all corners if needed to get the job. They were flex monkeys. The 1 st job I sold and submitted to the shop. They said 'we dont do sheet metal because it cost to much' In fact the shop did not really know how to build duct. Anyway.. I moved out of that rat race to a slower pace and less money to a small town in AZ and love it. The company does awsome work and they are great people to work for. As for Arizona...You can't beat the view! Check out my other post on some of the crap I see here all the time. At least we have inspectors here and they are starting to actually do there job.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in