Page 1 of 9 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: pay scale?

My soon to be husband does commercial Hvac in the metro-Denver area. He is a licienced journeyman for the past 3 yrs, and completed his 5 yr apprenticeship previous to that, for a total of 8yrs experience. What is the typical hourly pay range he should be recieving? thanks

Wink

Two post on the same subject!!

Is it for love or money?????

Im not sure about denver, but here in the detroit area he could expect to make 17-25/hr. maybe more depending on what outfit he works for. This does not include benefits such as commissions, company vehicle, tool allowance, health care, 401k, bonuses, etc. when you put it all together, its a pretty good package. Good luck! I would not mind living in denver. I heard that you just got 14 inches of snow.
    "Politicians are the lowest form of life on Earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician"

- General George S. Patton

Wink

it wouldn't be for money, I do better! and Denver is a good place the cost of living is high, but the weather is great and as for snow if you live in the mountains you get snow down here it 75 and sunny

What wouldnt be for money?
    "Politicians are the lowest form of life on Earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician"

- General George S. Patton

take a look at the 638 rates in NYC on the Metal Trades section,that would be service and install of the HVAC equipment http://www.steamfitters.com this will give him a basic grouping on rates.Journeymen in this area make their own deals at the interview with the union shop for overscale...you either come in high $$$$ or you will never make it up when the union raises are renewed every 3 years here.

[Edited by maxster on 05-14-2004 at 07:41 PM]

salary.com is coming in about 47K. Don't know if this applies to union extortionists.

http://swz.salary.com/salarywizard/l...ode=SC16000028

[Edited by incontrol on 05-15-2004 at 12:02 AM]

I am assuming he is union based on the apprenticeship comment. We union "extortionists" as incontrol refered to us, do generally make a little more than the non-union. I would expect his scale to be between $22/hr and $30/hr depending on the cost of living in your area and the current work situation. I live in Nashville, TN and our scale is split.........journeyman rate is $25.06/hr while senior journeyman rate is $27.66/hr. $47K a year is probably in line for the non-union sector around here. I have several friends who work non-union and are making anywhere from $22/hr. to $26/hr. Hope this helps.

come to Palm Springs, or AZ, techs can make 50 per billable hour before benefits

You all should remember if it was not for us union extortionist, there would be no such thing as benifits, or decent hourly wages.

Wisconsin Sheetmetal workers and Pipe Fitters Journeymen rates are 28-30 HR depending on Journeymen or foreman scale plus all the union bennies.
    Jeff F.
    www.vfdhelp.com
    VFD, HVAC Motors and Manufacture Assistance.

freinds ex called work so she could try to find out what he was making, she wanted to see if she was getting her cut of alimony. if he is your husband soon to be ask him! i know my wife was taking my check long before we got married.

Originally posted by incontrol
    salary.com is coming in about 47K. Don't know if this applies to union extortionists.

http://swz.salary.com/salarywizard/l...ode=SC16000028

[Edited by incontrol on 05-15-2004 at 12:02 AM]
    Incontrol, you are so out of touch. Your base salary is directly based upon the "extortionists" rate of pay.
    How is this for thought. If you are making too much money, please give your company a refund.
    If you are a contractor then your hourly rate should be at least 50% per hour less than the "extortionists". Would'nt you say?

Page 1 of 9 12345678 ... LastLast