+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Service Mgr pos in Tampa,FL low 40's

Post Likes

Cool

Service Manager needed for Tampa company. Residential AC, installation and maintenance. Manager will supervise 15 techs and 5 admins. Looking for strong leader! Do-what-it-takes attitude with strong multi-tasking and attention to detail. Great with people with positive attitude. Position pays between $40-55K. Negotiable.

[Edited by joblady on 05-14-2004 at 11:09 AM]

Post Likes
    We have a lot of discussions on the board about low salary's in Florida, I think you just confirmed it. Just for your info I was in sw Fl. for 3 years, was a service manager for 18 techs. I quit because I only made 65,000 a year. Most Good techs make in the 40's now.

Post Likes

YOUR POSITION

THAT IS AN INSULT 40 A YEAR FOR A SERVICE MANAGER.DO REALLY THINK THAT OFFER WILL ATTRACT ANY GOOD CANDADITES

Post Likes
    Our service manager here in central Florida makes $100,000 a year and does nothing.........

Post Likes
    Do you really think you will find a qualified leader for this price?You will need to up your price for a qualified leader. Their are tech,s making $65,000 a year now in central florida. Two company,s eight year ago tried to offer this pay to me for the same position,Which i turned down for low pay. Good searching

Post Likes

Talking Service Manager Resume!

53 dogs:

Who do you work for?; I want to send them my resume!

Post Likes
    What service tech in Florida is making 65,000 a year?

Do a search on a "wage information website" and look at the general pay for the entire country.

Let alone Florida.

65,000 a year.....

I dont care what part of the country you live in.

My buddy lives in Michigan.

Union member.

"Inside wireman" for new houses.

8 yrs expierience.

He doesnt make that.

How many freaking "Uv lights" do you have to sell to some little old lady to make 65,000?

One in the supply,one in the return,one in the truck...

Thats the only way thats happening,ripping people off and making a ton off the commision.

I once asked a crooked contractor how he could sleep?(competition)

His reply was "on a fat wallet".........

If your making 65,000 a year in florida as an HONEST Tech.

My hat is off to you...........

But your not.

Post Likes
    Let's turn the discussion then slightly and ask the question what should a service manager be making? Does this include bonuses / profit sharing? How long do you have to be a service manager before you should get what the normal service manager gets?

Reason I ask is I just became service manager adn have been told I am meeting and exceeding the expectations put on me and I am assuming they are low but still. Out of curiosity and say for arguments sake anyways.

Post Likes

Hmm Service Manager $ Yearly?

I have been a business owner in this trade 25 years. If you select a good candidate for this position, he or she will be asking $75k the first year; and if there smart $100k a year after if they work out! If they do work out, you will not mind paying that rate one bit as you will be making more then that a year off good management?

Post Likes

Re: Service Manager $ Yearly?

Originally posted by pro-hvac
    I have been a business owner in this trade 25 years. If you select a good candidate for this position, he or she will be asking $75k the first year; and if there smart $100k a year after if they work out! If they do work out, you will not mind paying that rate one bit as you will be making more then that a year off good management?
    55k a year, in Florida climate; GOOD LUCK!

Post Likes
    Have you ever heard of overtime, Second I do not work on residential , Stricly heavy Commercial/Industrial

Post Likes
    what s it cost to live in fla? maybe i should head south. 55 doesn t sound that bad to me

Post Likes
    The accounts i bring with me when i go are worth three times that. That's not even close to what our 2 year guy's clear in a year. You guy's must be living on the beach.

Post Likes

Hmm Do you load em in your truck when you leave?

Originally posted by no8no3
    The accounts i bring with me when i go are worth three times that. That's not even close to what our 2 year guy's clear in a year. You guy's must be living on the beach.
    Are you saying you will bring 300k a year worth of accounts with you?; and the ad should read Service Manager Wanted 1/2 Mil a year? You must be living next door to Mr. Bush in a mansion, Governor Hvac.

[Edited by pro-hvac on 05-26-2004 at 05:53 AM]

Post Likes

sounds good to me!

Originally posted by joblady
    Service Manager needed for Tampa company. Residential AC, installation and maintenance. Manager will supervise 15 techs and 5 admins. Looking for strong leader! Do-what-it-takes attitude with strong multi-tasking and attention to detail. Great with people with positive attitude. Position pays between $40-55K. Negotiable.

[Edited by joblady on 05-14-2004 at 11:09 AM]
    Negotiable, I am very positive!

Post Likes

Question

what company in ft myer you were at that has that many tech there only 2 that i no of?
    hvac45
    thanks

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in