Thought I posted this already, must have messed up.
    Anyhow, took this picture during the winter.
    Dealer calls and says he is having ignition lockout problems on a unit. Already checked Micro Amp, gas pressure, grounding...and so on. Cant figure out whats wrong, could I meet him on the job.
    As you can see the unit is recirculating flue gas. When I took this picture the unit was in low fire. In high fire the window well is completley full of flue gas. The burners spit and sputter for a few seconds then go out. Can you say lack of Oxygen? LOL
    The only question I had for Mr. Dealer was "where in the instructions does it say you can terminate like that?"
    I think he is still looking in the book...

Live each day like it is your last, for one day you will be right!

Hmm

Do you guys not have an installation code that says exhaust venting must be 12" or more from any window whether it can open or not.

Not to mention all that lovely exhaust leaking back into the basement . . .

Those don't look like nice new no infiltration windows.

Cheers

Jim

Originally posted by indoor comfort experts
    Do you guys not have an installation code that says exhaust venting must be 12" or more from any window whether it can open or not.

Yes we do, that's the best part of this job...everything is wrong with it not to mention it doesnt work. It's near a window, it's in a corner, unapproved termination...all this is clearly spelled out in the installation instructions.
    Of course you have to read them to know that...
    Live each day like it is your last, for one day you will be right!

Code by me states no less than 4 feet from any windows (could have sworn i even saw that in the manual) and 12" above the minimum from expected snow level, and 12" apart from intake & exhaust. ( at least they got one of those right) Except i put my gooseneck 12" above the intake.

[Edited by 2hot2coolme on 05-13-2004 at 10:47 PM]

Our Installation Gas Code (CSA Code) says 12 inches above grade...12 inches from any window or doorway and 12 inches from intake and exhaust, and of course the manufacturer states 8+ inches apart. We ususally try to get it more than the 12 inches from doors and windows if we can.

Installation instructions? What installation instructions. We don need no stinking installation instructions. That paperwork got thrown in the garbage as soon as the box was opened. We also don't have time to read that silly stuff. We're on a tight schedule, cause we have two more to do today.

Aint that the ASPCA's euthenasia area? You place the dog or cat through the window for a predertermined amount of time then remove the dead animal.