Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I've got 2 that I need to convert to the solenoid's How do I get the software for the CPCC. ??
    In GOD We Trust

Cpc can mostly connect and update for you, you just the new board points and what not. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong, it's Friday and I'm a few beers deep

There are no phone modems or web modems.
    In GOD We Trust

Quote Originally Posted by Dowadudda View Post
    that is a very common mistake of techs who are not familiar with the system.
    Or how about the, reciever has lots so I don't know why the cases are starving!! haha
    Sig removed by mod. G-Rated site

Quote Originally Posted by MikeySq View Post
    Or how about the, reciever has lots so I don't know why the cases are starving!! haha
    yep. No condenser will do that every time.

can a guy go in and chop up a rack that doesn't have this and do it? Is that breaking the law?

Quote Originally Posted by jdwendling View Post
    I've got 2 that I need to convert to the solenoid's How do I get the software for the CPCC. ??
    I may have missed it but. Why do you want to go to gen3. Are your SPR's shot?

A lot of guys think these are bad when they are not. Guys will go in and screw with these things and get them so far out of whack that you might think it's bad and it's really not. These systems get misdiagnosed a lot. It's usually the know it all types who think they know what they are doing.

In GEN3, one has to do 2 solenoids. If you got gen2 right now just rip out the SPR and keep the solenoid that is there. GEN2 is a NO solenoid and you will need a NC for GEN3, but that is okay cause you can reverse the logic in CPC for the function of removing the refrigerant from circulation to the receiver. Just understand why gen2 had the NO, close on fall of ambient. and in Gen 3 you have a NC, opens on a rise of sub cooling.

The 2nd solenoid needed is the one that will dump to suction from the top of the reciever. This is actually the 3rd solenoid. Remember we will always have the bleed solenoid continously returning refrigerant from receiver to suction through a superheater and cap tube as long as one or more pumps are running.

This 3rd off the top of the receiver is to induce flow from drop leg when refrigerant needs to be removed from circulation.

It's set for a 5 minute delay. So if your calling for your sub cooling solenoid to begin to remove liquid from circulation (opens on a rise of sub cooling) based on conditions set point, and after 5 minutes if it's not met set point this 3rd solenoid actuates. Takes gas off the top of the receiver and dumps to suction. This reduces receiver pressure and allows the sub cooling solenoid drop leg liquid to flow into the receiver.

This induction of flow is needed when conditions are just right. This can happen when the drop legs refrigerant is at a lower saturated condition than that of the receiver in a cozy warm machine room. Fall/Spring & Dead of Winter.

Now. Going to GEN3 in Reflecs sucks tit. It can be doen but it's harder for techs to understand what the heck is going on. In the e2, a guy can set up a conversion cell screen and you can see the entire operation and all the calculations in one convenient application.

Especially in the spring and fall when we have such varienig ambient temps it seems to dump too much liquid into the receiver and it takes too long to get it back into the system when it is needed.
    In GOD We Trust

Especially in the spring and fall when we have such varienig ambient temps it seems to dump too much liquid into the receiver and it takes too long to get it back into the system when it is needed.
    if it's not set up just right it will do that. But. If it's set up correctly and on the nut, it will not do that.

There are no phone modems or web modems.
    I'm about a 5 hr drive from you. I have the software, laptop, and I have converted racks before. What version of software does the CPC controller have?

Quote Originally Posted by bob_scheel View Post
    I'm about a 5 hr drive from you. I have the software, laptop, and I have converted racks before. What version of software does the CPC controller have?

Is there a way to update the software on the reflecs controller with ultrasite?

Quote Originally Posted by mjm88 View Post

Is there a way to update the software on the reflecs controller with ultrasite?

Reflecs are a thing of the past. It would be like looking for an up date for a IPC.
    I love the smell of phosgene first thing in the morning:

To apply for professional membership click here

Educational forums are open.

If you would like to submit a link or an article or other related info to the EF. click here

Quote Originally Posted by crackertech View Post
    Reflecs are a thing of the past. It would be like looking for an up date for a IPC.
    Well I have a system I'm trying to program on a press2temp sensor for and it's not available on the version of reflecs. I didn't know if I could update it to get that feature

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12