+ Reply to Thread

Thread: txv frosted on waterfurnace

Post Likes

txv frosted on waterfurnace

ewo 42 waterfurnace superheat 55 degrees suction presssure 25 ,subcooling 10 degrees,head pressure265, td 1 deg, txv is frosting , ewt 33, unit shuts off on lp , txv is frosted ,thanx in advance

Post Likes
    r-22 or 410a? All I can say with the information provided is the txv is bad or theres a restriction at the txv.

Post Likes
    If it's an "Envision" series,then 410a

Post Likes

Geothermal anyone

See 265 psi on discharge pressure is telling me R-22 If that is the case i would agree with you but some more measurments need to be taken. Put a temp. probe on the out let of the evaporator i know this is a tight area to work and get measurements but it is possible. Pull the TXV sensing bulb off of the vapor line and hold it in your hand giving heat to the bulb should open the TXV and you should see your outlet of the coil temp. start to drop off. Then get a glass of ice water and put the bulb in the water you should see the temp. starting to rise since the bulb is wanting to close down. With these to simple test you can feel positive on a bad txv before i replace a txv those are always my procedures. If your unit is R410-a It sounds like an undercharge. Also with 33 deg. inlet water from the ground i would also be looking at you loop how efficient are we gathering heat/rejecting heat. 33deg. i have seen in the middle of the night on below freezing temps. unless this is a new unit it concerns me that you have such a low entering water temp.

Post Likes
    Is it an open loop? acid flush
    Work sucks, lets go skydive

Post Likes
    dfishinfool,

(Posted in another HVAC-talk thread on 3/29/10)…

“dfishinfool,

We have read through your comments regarding the frosted TXV, and would like to be of assistance. Please let us know if you are an HVAC contractor or the homeowner. This information will be beneficial as we look into your inquiry further.

WaterFurnace International, Inc”

We will be more than happy to work with you to facilitate a resolution if our assistance is still needed.

WaterFurnace International, Inc.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dfishinfool View Post
    suction presssure 25 ,subcooling 10 degrees,head pressure265, txv is frosting,unit shuts off on lp ,
    Sounds like a restriction in the liquid line somewhere! Probably TXV, if the liquid line before it has no frost.
    RealEyes
    Realize
    RealLies!

Post Likes
    Water furnace had a rash of bad TXV's I would have a WF tech look at it the Envision series has a 10 year warranty

Post Likes
    Is just the txv frosting up? Whats the pressure drop on your loop?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in