Question

I've got a customer about to purchase a new 2 door reach in freezer. Can you gentlemen (and ladies) give your honest opinions about quality, reliability and service issues?
    I personally am leaning towards a Traulsen, except for the possibility of the electronic controller giving problems and higher cost of replacement parts. She has a quote on a Continental. I prefer a ref. system with a TXV which I know McCall, True and this Continental don't have.
    Any help is appreciated.

Freezer

Look at Delfield. Only thing I don't like on some of their cabinets is the compressor on top, where it's hot in the kitchen.
    Be safe not fast. body parts don't grow back

I think Curtis has the best by far and away. I've taken out all the electronics on Delfield freezers due to their unreliable characteristics and rediculous prices. I end up replacing them with good old generic mechanical parts...works like a charm every time.

Stay a mile away fron Contibental freezers

Shop for price and warranty.

They're all crap nowadays.

Re: Freezer

Originally posted by selfemployed
    Look at Delfield. Only thing I don't like on some of their cabinets is the compressor on top, where it's hot in the kitchen.
    Probaly better on top in most applications, less likely to get dirty and easier to work on. That being said I've only seen a few Delfield freezers in our parts and they had several issues in first 2 years including compressor changes. Luckily, we don't do much of the reach-in stuff so I can't give an honest opinion on the best.
    Watts New, Ohm My, I been Electrically Commutated. Are U2.

Thanks for the input guys.

Sure about McCall? I service over 150 of them and they all have TXV. Maybe it's cause they are older.

txv systems last way longer than captube systems, but if you should get a captube system get a true freezer,the compressors are located at the bottom of the unit,its the same parts,compressor,tstat,time clock as traulsen and is a lot less in price also better looking.

The price is right and the customer pays the price, True sucks.................. Did I say that out loud. LOL