SCOTSMAN ICE MACHINE
    Got a few questions about a scotsman ice machine Model FD47DAE-1B.Serial#547025-12Y.The compressor dont run,The auger motor does.I tried to get a wiring diagram from the factory rep,he said he would fax one but he never did.I dont know where I was calling,but He was only there till 6oclock central time.I looked for any resets,but cant find any.My question is how does the system know when the bin is full.I see 2 gray wires on each side of the chute,that go to a circuit board,but nothing in between.There is only one LED light on the board that is lit,the other is out.I am wondering what these lights indicate.How can I make sure this board is ok?Not seeing any burn marks.I have 14 volts on the secondary side of the transformer.Somebody took the gages home with them for whatever reason,so I cant check the pressure.But when I pulled one side of the low pressure control off,the auger stopped,making me think the pressure switch is not the problem.The water resovoir is full of water and the float is adjusted ok.The compressor windings check out fine,and there are none to ground.Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.Thanks.

Go to the scotsman website. They have manuals there.

scotsman ice machine

nothing listed for this machine on the website.Thanks anyways.

Cool

The way you posted your question , look like the sensor or the ice bin or the water level has gone bad.. most of the time it the water sensor that goes first. you can run the machine if you got a Scotsman tester and plug it in the board , this way you can tell what sensor it gone bad. but you will need a Scotsman tester if you want to work on these ice machine. This is a must... don't try to clean the water sensor for it will not work and there is no way to by pass it either... contact your local Scotsman vendor and he will get one for you...

Heat in the Amazon
    -----------------------

At the Scotsman website look under parts manuals for FD470. The wiring diagrams are in the parts manuals. I have
    no idea why. I think your second D might be an O. The parts manual has a wiring diagram for FD470AE-1BG

Amazon was right about that bin and water sensor might hold compressor off.

Look on top of the control board, It had a NO and NC relay you can tried to put a jumper accross the NC just to see if compressor is come on.

If compressor is running then you know your trouble is in the controller, sensor or Low and hi pressure control.
    koolrite837

Scotsman bin full sensor is ultrasonic. Difficult.

Thanks for all the replies.I did make a mistake on the model number,it was an o rather than a d.I got the diagram and followed it,turns out it was a bad centrifugal switch over the auger motor that makes and supplies power to the compressor overload.Can someone explain how the bin sensor actualy works?The wires go to a cicuit board.I appreciate it.