need help getting txv rating

Hey everyone, hopefully someone will be able to help me out. I am trying to find specs for a sporlan valve. The valve is installed on a low temp evaporator, and the bulb is well mounted, this is a bohnmizer system. txv does not have any info on it other than y601 stamped on the body. the power element is a 33vc. If anyone can locate specs for this valve, it would be much appreciated.

I love the smell of phosgene first thing in the morning:

To apply for professional membership click here

Educational forums are open.

If you would like to submit a link or an article or other related info to the EF. click here

thanks for the link cracker. I couldn't find what I needed there, but definetely a good resource.

TJ

hopefully andy will be along to help out. let me try to help a little, though. If this is a bohnmizer it is likely that you have a condensing unit without lowambient valves (ie flood master) I have seen these bohnmizer txvs for units that the factory designed for wide variances in head pressure. I think if all else fails, maybe what you could do is size a txv for the evap btuh at design temp and use a balanced port txv. any ides on condenser capacity?

r404a

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread....ight=bohnmizer

may be of some help, maybe not. good luck.

r404a

r404a- thanks for the response. I do not have the complete condensing unit model number right now, partial is EB31L. 30 horsepower, I believe. This was at one time a freezer, and is now a cooler, using a cpr valve. I forgot to mention earlier r-22 and power element 33VC. As you stated, there is no condenser flooding. 4 condenser fan motors- 2 on the header end run all the time, the two on the return bend side cycle on individual ambient tstats. Evap model FL10503H.

some operating conditions- 62 outdoor ambient condenser running 2 fans 175liquid pressure suction 30 at evap 19 at compressor side of cpr. 8 degree subcooled liquid at evap. 17 degree superheat at evap, valve wide open. 31 degrees superheat at compressor. compressor amps 34/34/38 rated load 47.

It's a Bohnmizer TEV... one of the original balanced port TEVs Sporlan manufactured. This design was made exclusive for Bohn.

Sporlan allowed Bohn to size the valves as they see fit. As r404a notes, these valves were oversized to handle low ambient operation.
    If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail. Abraham Maslow

Andy

Andy
    Not to hijack thread but maybe you could help out Wannafreeze with his problem ?