+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Special Needs Children are Special

Post Likes

Special Needs Children are Special

People need to understand that special needs children don't have an illness, they are not looking for a cure only acceptance!!!!!

Post Likes
    In reality we are all special needs... Some of us have needs that are easy to meet... others have needs that take effort to meet.

Rather than concentrate on the needs... we should concentrate on how special life is!!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *The value of comfort, over the long term; leave economic choices behind!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes
    Person first...disability second.

Post Likes
    As a parent of one, she is 29 now, they are very special indeed.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

Post Likes
    With some special parents.

Post Likes
    I would agree with that 100%.

Post Likes

Right On !

Quote Originally Posted by specgrade View Post
    Person first...disability second.
    Right On !

A local church held an event for "People" that had never had a chance to attend a Prom, almost all of them were "Special needs People". Someone quoted one of the attendees (after the dance and festivities) as follows:

"I don't have Down Syndrome, I have Get Down syndrome."

Some of the most genuine, sincere, honest, selfless people I have ever met were "Special Needs People/Children" we might be better off if we could look at life and others more like they do.

May God bless them and their families and forgive us for our lack of understanding and respect twards them.
    If sense were so common everyone would have it !
    You cannot protect the Stupid from themselves !
    "Experience is the ability to recognize a mistake Before you make it again!" (Stolen Quote)

Post Likes
    I have a younger brother with special needs, he's 34 now, But growing up we never treated him any different that anyone else and all my buddies accepted him the way he is. Nwo he works for the government loves life. My folks didn't change anything for him.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by matcolecat View Post
    I have a younger brother with special needs, he's 34 now, But growing up we never treated him any different that anyone else and all my buddies accepted him the way he is. Nwo he works for the government loves life. My folks didn't change anything for him.
    Yep.

Post Likes
    Twilli agrees....
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

Post Likes

my wife Roz......

Quote Originally Posted by idahohvac View Post
    People need to understand that special needs children don't have an illness, they are not looking for a cure only acceptance!!!!!
    .....drives 9 special kids twice a day and you hit it on the head....i go along sometimes and it's great , she has a dvd player and we play thomas the train and a lot of other cool kid stuff and kids that hardly ever speak are singing and having a blast one big happy group. one kid that can't speak claps 3 times to my wife & she knows what to play her......thay are like our kids for a while every day.........Jack

Post Likes
    I drove the small buses for a college job, it was one of the most rewarding things I have ever done... Only problem is you get attached to the kids... then the school year ends...

I may do it as a semi-retirement thing later in life.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *The value of comfort, over the long term; leave economic choices behind!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes
    Our youngest son kind of snuck in on us. We were not prepared to have a third child. And to top it off there were complications that led to brain damage. He has CP to the point he is labeled quadriplegic, is deaf, has cortical blindness (he can see, but we don't know how much or how he interprets it), and a myriad of other problem. He only had a 5% chance of survival at birth.

The kicker? This little guy is now 3.5 years old, and is one of the happiest kids. He rarely stops smiling, especially with people he knows. He loves certain things, like going for walks (in his wheelchair) and car rides. His face lights up when Spongebob is on TV. It is an absolute delight being around him. That's something I never would have guessed I would enjoy before he was in my life.

OK, that's enough of the mushy stuff from me.

Post Likes
    I think every family has some kind of tough issues to deal with in life. Look around, no such thing as a perfect 1950's sitcom fam.
    Life is hard, some have it harder than others but someone else always has it worse.
    Good luck to all who have extra hardships to deal with.

Post Likes
    The wife is a para-educator at a private school for children with add and adhd. These children are all special and require understanding and support.
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own

Post Likes
    A good friends daughter is in SN ed. Watching her when she grew up, she was the last person I would have thought we go into that area.
    She has done it for a few years now and it hasn't worn her down, some kids become very abusive but she see's the end game.
    She won't let any guy get in the way, she found one that appreciates her work and gets involved. She will do anything for them, way beyond when she leaves the school. She often has one in tow with her because the parents can't deal with the kid, but she has some kind of spell over him.
    Special people all around, just got to look closer I guess.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in