Repairing leak on U-tube junction

In the picture above there's a leak on the bottom u-tube on the left connection right where it joins the main liquid line. What is the most efficient way to repair that leak? Can it just be rebrazed or do I have to replace the piping on that section?

Just clean it up good. I like using a small wire wheel on a drill. Of course clear system and direct your flame away from other welds. Get in and get out with the heat.

Flow the whole joint and not just where the leak is or you will end up chasing the leak from one spot to another.

Quote Originally Posted by jemawalton View Post
    Flow the whole joint and not just where the leak is or you will end up chasing the leak from one spot to another.

I wouldn't use a wire wheel on a drill..... maybe an old fitting brush or sand cloth.... low heat.... make sure you have the line open so pressure has some where to go.

John Culpepper is offline CHANGE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS Professional Member*
    x2 on the fitting brush. I have an assortment in my torch carrier. Hit it with some disc brake cleaner first to get the oil off (I use that because it cuts the oil and dries quickly) Pull your high side schraeder and use a small tip on your oxy/ac rig.
    Nemo me impune lacessit.

How much blood do I have to bathe in to get clean?

Don't look down on anyone unless you're helping them up.

Talking

sell them a new coil, if repair does not work you will be back.

I have to agree with johncavh. The coil should probably be replaced. If it is not repaired correctly and there are damages you could end up liable.

New coil probably as much as new unit.

Next time you replace a unit, take the opportunity to practice coil repairs on the old one if given the chance. Leaks at the tube sheet always seemed the toughest at first. It's much easier when it doesn't matter.
    For now.... clean, oil free, and well sanded makes it easy. have fun

This repair should be easy. It's not at the sheet were the tube passes threw. As was said earlier clean area well & flux. Like i said in post #2 use a small wire wheel to assist in accomplishing this contrary to C-jac's post. Try it you'll like it.

Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    This repair should be easy. It's not at the sheet were the tube passes threw. As was said earlier clean area well & flux. Like i said in post #2 use a small wire wheel to assist in accomplishing this contrary to C-jac's post. Try it you'll like it.
    No need for flux, on copper to copper, unless you plan on using a high silver rod.... even then buy the flux coated rod.... just make sure it's clean and take your time!!