Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

True prep table..What is it?

This is a vague question, I know.
    What is the devise in the suction line after the evaporator? Seems to be hung like an accumulator. Has its own little drain pan and line.

Lightbulb

Its an accumulator...
    Isn't sanity just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is that one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, well, the sky's the limit!

Thanks, I figured as much but wanted to be sure it wasn't a filter of some kind. The accumulators I see are generally a little bigger.

anytime
    Isn't sanity just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is that one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, well, the sky's the limit!

Had one split at the seam on the bottom once.

This one is leaking at the inlet (in the braze) and at the outlet on the pipe about 1/16" away from the joint. Knowing what it is for certain Ill try to fix it rather than replace it.

Quote Originally Posted by AccurateHT View Post
    This one is leaking at the inlet (in the braze) and at the outlet on the pipe about 1/16" away from the joint. Knowing what it is for certain Ill try to fix it rather than replace it.
    A word of caution...

Be aware that these little accumulators often contain a significant amount of oil. I suggest cutting it out and flush it out with a solvent like brake cleaner first. Then you can do a clean repair and re-install.

Also, it'll be a lot easier to work on if you remove the cabinet top. There are a several long screws in the top of each door frame to remove then cut the sealant all the way around. There's a hinge-like lip across the back, so just lift the top front and push back to release it.

Sounds like great advise, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by icemeister View Post
    A word of caution...

Be aware that these little accumulators often contain a significant amount of oil. I suggest cutting it out and flush it out with a solvent like brake cleaner first. Then you can do a clean repair and re-install.

Also, it'll be a lot easier to work on if you remove the cabinet top. There are a several long screws in the top of each door frame to remove then cut the sealant all the way around. There's a hinge-like lip across the back, so just lift the top front and push back to release it.
    Ice,
    Are you saying the whole top of the prep cooler like including the front cutting board area ? I have never done this. Would make it a lot easier to access. I usually just remove the alum skin covering the evaporator. That sealant can be a real bugger. I cut suction line in the back & cut cap tube @ strainer. Then pull coil out.

Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    Ice,
    Are you saying the whole top of the prep cooler like including the front cutting board area ? I have never done this. Would make it a lot easier to access. I usually just remove the alum skin covering the evaporator. That sealant can be a real bugger. I cut suction line in the back & cut cap tube @ strainer. Then pull coil out.
    Yes, for True sandwich preps and pizza tables the entire top comes off quite easily once you've cut the sealant. I use a sturdy, wide-bladed putty knife and tap it along with a rubber mallet. You should have it off in 15 minutes or less.

FWIW the bar cooler tops come off like that too
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    FWIW the bar cooler tops come off like that too
    Agreed, there are many True models whose tops are removed similarly.

You can find specific instructions in the True Service Manual. Just check the index listings.

Red face icemeister.....

I'm gonna stop by and buy You lunch someday................You are awesome!
    Arcadia is about as far east as I work but a day trip is overdue, I'm buying!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast