Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I'm not holding out, you just don't like come-a-longs and crowbars.

I've changed a lot of 4Ds alone that way...

Dave, your just worried about losing your "edge" of being in the very top percentile of men who can set one of those pigs safely in place and make it light when you juice it back up again!

I had a neighbor, retired, who could do it ... BY HIS-SELF!!!

And he was a little guy. Maybe five foot two, skinney as a rail.
    Nate Fergusson. Used to work for Hussman in California. Did a lot of Alpha Beta installs.
    He even dates back to Sulphor Dioxide.

He used to tell me stories about market work. Most of it, I couldnt relate to.

But he'd tell me about setting units in place, by himself when need be.

It's amazing what a market guy can do by himself ... when he has the technique.

And isn't against come-a-longs, and doesn't care about scratching some paint.

I'm not worried about anything. I'm starting to get tired of supermarkets, anyway. Took a long time, but the call I had last night at 4 am wasn't much fun at all. It's really beginning to get boring.

That, and finding decent help appears to be impossible. Every guy that says he has experience turns out to have a great deal of experience, at lying on resumes...

Now your starting to whine too. Great. We'll just set up a room for you guys to cry. We'll call it the recovery room. You guys are killing me.

Dave, I see it all the time since before I started my own thing. Why is it now surprizing you.

I feel your pain dave. I had to work until 6 pm one night this week on my new job..and I had to change a 1/3 hp lt r-12 unit.WHEW!

R-12 just pace your self and dont rush or you will burn out fast my man. Make sure it is dont correctly the first time and you will continue to love the job and the customers will love you too. WORK SMART EVERY DAY AND BILL LOTS OF O.T.!

Not surprised, just weary. If the money weren't there, neither would I.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Thats what happens we get stuck in the markets, when I applied to other companies and listed my yearly gross they would not even call me back.

Originally posted by R12rules
    Hussman Engineering... strikes again!!!

I'm going to take a pic of what I had to do two times last week. Post tomorrow.

Hey Freezeking,

How's it going so far?

Lots of whinning going on here....lol...if ya dont want to do it, just let us know and well come buy ya out...rotflmfao....Eric
    If you cant find the time to do it right the first time, then you wont find the time the second time around....

Like you did with Sunbelt?
    A Diamond is just a piece of coal, that made good under pressure!

Originally posted by Freezeking2000
    I feel your pain dave. I had to work until 6 pm one night this week on my new job..and I had to change a 1/3 hp lt r-12 unit.WHEW!

We got a fifteen down on a low temp rack. Gotta R & R first thing in the morning.
    Store manager asks if I can delete the midnight defrost. I say sure.
    He leads me up the stairs into the motor room and there is all this junk stacked everywhere!
    I have no clue how my parter spent the last couple hours there diagnosing the unit and making his shopping list.

There was barely room to walk, much less to work.

I told the manager and his assistant no one was leaving the room until this stuff was removed. He smiled and began grunting stuff into another room. Gads .... these people...

I stopped by Grainger tonight and picked up a chain hoist for tomorrow.
    The guy whose hoist we normally use is outa town for the next two weeks.

This one was much nicer than his.
    It has a lever and a knob. And a short stubby handle.

You can incrementally raise or lower the load, safely and easily, effortlessly even.
    And you dont have to jerk no chain to do it either!
    You simply turn a dial or use the lever. You have complete control over the load at all times.

No more course adjustments only, now you can make fine adjustments all the way up or down.

COOL!!!!

It costs some bucks, but considering a guy just got hurt bad last week due to using his chain fall hoist, the company shouldnt complain about the cost of this little darling..... ($239).

Reviews tomorrow night ....

Originally posted by bowman
    Lots of whinning going on here....lol...if ya dont want to do it, just let us know and well come buy ya out...rotflmfao....Eric
    You're a real comedian today.

Hussmann doesn't have that much money.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast