I went to this market this morning. I found this line up warm. No problemo I thought....

I head upstairs to the motor room and proceed to spend the next embarassing amount of time trying to figure out why this danged unit isnt cooling my line.

As I am watching this thing operate, I take note there is a unit down the rack a ways .... n o t r u n i n g... hmmm....

I take a second look at it's label ... and there it is, big as life ... M7

Do you know how long I spent, on my hands and knees, (sore knees at THAT) .... unscrewing the kick plates all over that circuit looking for the T-stat that wasnt there???
    I'm in the motor room peering over all the drgs looking for any info on the control being used for that particular case lineup... NOTHING...
    It's there in some others stores though ... but not here.

AUGH!!!

My partner, who was at another store, kept assuring me this system ran off a t-stat and that it would be located behind some kickplate on one of the cases!!!

Yeh right!!!

I can see now how/ why I messed up on the label at the rack.
    You can bet your bippy I wont be making THAT mistake again!

Live and learn.

By the way, once I found the correct unit, I was able to easily diag it and make the repairs.
    Cold was fallin' down outa the honeycomb as I was leaving the store.
    Now THAT was a great feeling!

Hey R12....what company you working for nowadays. Did you ever apply at mine????? How you like SM work???? What stores you service?....Hope things are well. I haven't been on the site in awhile. Let me know if I can help ya in any way...

Originally posted by R12rules

By the way, once I found the correct unit, I was able to easily diag it and make the repairs.
    just curiosity here......what was the prob??
    Don't interrupt me while i'm talking to myself

Originally posted by gerryboy00

Bob got frustrated.

OH. You meant the refrig problem.

Originally posted by condenseddave

OH. You meant the refrig problem.

yea... not interesting with the old men knees problem

Originally posted by gerryboy00

Was off on OPS. Had positive net of 40. So I know the pump works. I pulled to cover off the contactor and found some discoloration there. Not bad but worth replacing nonetheless.

I dont think I'm gonna have too much trouble with fixin' these markets. My trouble right now is knowing WHERE to go fiddle with something. And then ... how MUCH to fiddle with it!

I can change compressors, even the tight ones or the one's where there are hook up problems and control issues or wiring that's broken, not labeled etc.
    Cause I always got another unit to go take a look at to see what is working and just copy that pattern.
    No problemo.

But I gotta get this nomenclature down and this labeling stuff.

Originally posted by fitter33
    Hey R12....what company you working for nowadays. Did you ever apply at mine????? How you like SM work???? What stores you service?....Hope things are well. I haven't been on the site in awhile. Let me know if I can help ya in any way...
    North Texas Refrigeration, outa Dallas.

I saw one of your co-workers in United, (north), this morning. He said you dont like going to a place and tellig the customer it'll work better when it's "pluged in".
    He also told me you bought a new house, about forty minutes outa town. (depending on traffic) Cant blame you for not wanting to pay those high Austin taxes.

So I guess your past the hump stage now with your new job. That's fantastic Larry.

We are doing the Albertson's in and around Austin. Nothing as sophistacted as your H.E.B.'s with the Emmerson EMS and Einstein controls.

Ya know, you could CALL ME once in awhile ... your wife had my nuumber the last time I phoned your old cell number. 775-0761. I might even buy ya lunch ... (if ya catch me in the right mood .......)

[B]

Was off on OPS. Had positive net of 40. So I know the pump works. I pulled to cover off the contactor and found some discoloration there. Not bad but worth replacing nonetheless.

what is the relation between "not so bad contacts" on contactor and positive net oil press? .

whats top buck down there for a rack attacker. Curious is all??

From some of your descriptions it sound's just like the albertsons I have seen. The racks you speak of are they double stacked compressors in steel racks? With remote condensers.

I asked this question, because when a compressor goes down on a parallel unit, you don't lose a system. The whole rack just runs warmer.

What I consider a rack is a parallel unit. Are you in parallel, or single systems? I have seen a few Albertsons with both.
    A Diamond is just a piece of coal, that made good under pressure!