Copeland

Thread: Copeland

I've been searching Copelands website for information regarding this compressor... EAB1-0200-TAC, Serail 69B116611

Can't find any information about it, it's installed in a condensing unit and labeled R14 ...

Anyone have a Copeland book that might reference this compressor and tell me it's design temp & refrigerant?

Many thanks :-)
    AllTemp Heating & Cooling

Mel, i have the complete Copleand site and it shows only EAB1-0150-TAC wwhich of course is 1.5 hp.
    So naturally this would be a 2 hp. Shows either 12 or 22.
    Is this a special design thing or maybe R-114??????
    If you really know how it works, you have an execellent chance of fixin' er up!

Tomorrow is promised to no one...

Is it really old? Can't any of the distributors find it, they have old books lying around.
    United Refrig or Johnstone?
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Post Thanks

Originally posted by rayr
    Mel, i have the complete Copleand site and it shows only EAB1-0150-TAC wwhich of course is 1.5 hp.
    So naturally this would be a 2 hp. Shows either 12 or 22.
    Is this a special design thing or maybe R-114??????
    I saw the 150 on Copelands web site all pointing to R22 systems, tech that was there states tag says R14, building owner confirmed R12, retrofitted it to 409A and the system ain't cutting it... Guess it will wait til monday and we will call Copeland, thanks for your help
    AllTemp Heating & Cooling

If it's a twohorse unit that was built in 1969, then they got their money's worth a looooong time ago. It has served them very well indeed!

If it's been converted over to one of them panzey gases, then maybe by now it's no longer pumping good. Maybe do a valve test on it to see if it still sucks/pumps good.

Maybe it just needs a plate and not the whole thing replaced.

Sounds like someone violated rule number 5,294... which states; "Never listen to what another guy tells you the numbers are!"

The first page on the find compressor inder product information shows that comp for 22 or 12. This is the customer portal web site that u have to register for
    R-12 may have hit the nail on the head. Valve it off and see how well it sucks and holds it.

If you converted to 409a, don't try to clear the sight glass, or you'll over charge it.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Pretty hard for an expansion valve to operate properly without a full column of liquid at the inlet

Pretty hard for an expansion valve to operate properly without a full column of liquid at the inlet
    This is true. Very true.

If you charge to "head pressure", though, gases like 409 might scare ya. Good reason to use a real refrigerant, like 134a, right Ray?

Thats why I don't use it.

Head pressure is also alittle too high.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Originally posted by condenseddave
    This is true. Very true.

If you charge to "head pressure", though, gases like 409 might scare ya. Good reason to use a real refrigerant, like 134a, right Ray?
    YUP!!!!!!!!

The oldest Copeland info I have is from 1976 and at that time the EAB1-0200 wasn't listed. It does list the EB1-0150 as a MT12 and LT502 pump with a displacement of 389.0 CFH. Later data that came out for the resurrection of the LT R22 systems of the late 80s/early 90s showed a model EADB-0200 which was the same displacement but rated for MT12 and LT R22 duty.

So any way you look at it you either have a MT R12, a LT R502 or a LT R22 compressor. What kind of system is this thing running in?

EAB+-0200

Shows up in Copeland cross ref. as current model from old model 90-200 but no where else in 1981 publication. Think I remember something about changing valve plates on EAB's or D's to pump on low 502.
    Be safe not fast. body parts don't grow back