I need advice on a heat register.

I need to add a register to upstairs bathroom and I will try to provide as much detail as I can...

I have two 7x7 bath rooms the bath down stairs has a register the bath upstairs does not. The main out take stops right at the down stairs bath and has the round 6in (i think) duct running to the register. I can not run another round duct off of the main out take due to the lack of space. I have considered just removing the down stairs bath register and putting it in the upstairs since the bath rm is directly over the other bath rm but i really would like to keep some heat in that room to avoid freezing pipes and cold seat. SO can I split the regsiters duct? or what options do I have?

The house is rougly 2000 square feet split even up stairs and down stairs with a carrier tech2000ss.
    down stairs has 5 outtake vents and one guessing about 15x15 intake vent.
    upstairs has 6 outtakes and one large intake return vent in the hall.

If more info is needed just ask. and thanks in advance for any and all suggestions.

if the 6" has plenty of air flow through it then splitting it to feed 2 rooms that small should not be a problem.

cost should not be that much so it is at least worth a try.

ok thanks

couple more questions.
    my issue is the wye connection needs to be made at the register right around the floor joist and it is very limited on space. what are the smallest options to perform the split? I dont care to pay to have it installed but I dont want to pay for a service call to be told it cant be done. so I am trying to survey a bit before I even make the first service call.

thanks
    I got it all measured and it will work any good techs in asheville?

Quote Originally Posted by cinobyte View Post
    thanks
    I got it all measured and it will work any good techs in asheville?
    Did you mean Nashville, TN?

nope that would be asheville nc.
    if anyone was local they would know where asheville was is the reason i did not provide more information