Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    There is about 7 1/2 feet between my house and my neighbors house and today, Francis Service Experts installed a Sanyo min-split in the gap between the houses, for my neighbor.

I thought they did an incredibly neat job. I especially like the eavestrough downspout they used to hide the tubing, although I guess the brown color might have been better if you wanted to nit-pick something.

don

don sleeth - HVAC-Talk Founder
    HVAC Computer Systems
    Heat Load Calculation Software

Nice job! I really mean that, wow I can't believe a Service Experts branch did that job. The one I used to work for couldn't if their lives depended on it. Don does code allow them to put that between your houses there? You say the homes are very close together, here most cities have codes saying no way, put it out back for noise reasons. Did your neighbor have to get your permission?
    Warning: Just because I am over the head injury doesn't mean I'm normal!

The day I stop learning.... I'm dead!

Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada Occupation:Interprovincial Plumber, Commercial Gasfitter Interests:
    They could have matched the color of the gravel under the pad to the rest of the rock.

Hard to pick holes in that job. Hope you let the installer know his work is now famous.
    I love my job, but paydays Thursday

Talking

I'm screwed, wait till you see the fujitsu I put in my house.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Well not to honk my own horn. But you do know where those boys got the idea for the rain gutter pipe enclosure don't you?

Right here on H-talk back in September '02.
    http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?threadid=18227

Originally posted by grasshopper
    Nice job! I really mean that, wow I can't believe a Service Experts branch did that job. The one I used to work for couldn't if their lives depended on it. Don does code allow them to put that between your houses there? You say the homes are very close together, here most cities have codes saying no way, put it out back for noise reasons. Did your neighbor have to get your permission?
    It's Canada grasshopper. They only turn the air conditioners on for Canada Day and the 4th of July.

Are those tabs for anchor bolts. Looks like it needs no be anchored.

Looks good, do you unroll your line set and slide the downspout material on with it on the ground and then stand it up vertically, or do you slide the downspout on from the bottom after you run your copper ???

Originally posted by Timber
    Are those tabs for anchor bolts. Looks like it needs no be anchored.

Looks good, do you unroll your line set and slide the downspout material on with it on the ground and then stand it up vertically, or do you slide the downspout on from the bottom after you run your copper ???
    Timber the way we do it is we use the gutter not the downspout. First we make a flat u bracket 1"x4"x1". These are screwed to the wall first. Then we run our lines and wiring and drain (sometimes) with in the u brackets. The last thing to do is to put the rain gutter over the pipes and u bracket. A screw on each side holds it in place.

also we always use hard pipe and never linesets.

Hard to pick holes in that job. Hope you let the installer know his work is now famous

I believe the installers name is Terry Metcalfe...he was my helper when I worked for the same company,he has had an insatiable appetite for residential installations for 10 or 12 years now. Very deserving of a spot in the HVAC hall of fame.

I used some of the brown plastic rain gutter downspout on my business's first Trane Heat Pump install in 2002. It works pretty good and looks nice.

My neighbor did that with his upstairs system install 25 years ago.

awesome install, be proud, hopefully it works as good as it looks..

Originally posted by hvt
    Hard to pick holes in that job. Hope you let the installer know his work is now famous

I believe the installers name is Terry Metcalfe...he was my helper when I worked for the same company,he has had an insatiable appetite for residential installations for 10 or 12 years now. Very deserving of a spot in the HVAC hall of fame.
    ================================================== ==========

Terry Metcalf? Didn't he play for the Cards? Or was it the Rams?
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast