Post Likes
    381, What drawing package are you using. I agree with lwarren...very nice

Post Likes
    381, What drawing package are you using. I agree with lwarren...very nice
    Blender, gimp and inkscape.

All open source.

Post Likes
    Hello Dazza,

I have not read through the entire thread, so I am unsure as to if someone has already suggested this, but how about using a simple IP to MSTP router (ie Contemporary Controls) and then an open source software such as Mango M2M? I use Mango M2M and have been very impressed with it, though one could always wish for more.

Post Likes
    Hi MatrixTransform,

Modbus RTU/TCP Niagara AX driver available from Infocon can discover Modbus Device ID. But not points.. However, this will ease the Engineer at site to know the device is online with the Baudrate, Parity and bits set correctly. both TCP and RTU in a driver at a fraction of cost. A bit late but you can answer Intsys now and get back some beers! Cheers..!

Post Likes
    Have over 50 installed at different sites all work flawlessly and yes they talk sedona modbus and bacnet all at the same time the new ones due out will have its own html5 graphics engine and it own workbench that will no longer have to have ax workbench

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dlhvac View Post
    new ones due out will have its own html5 graphics engine and it own workbench that will no longer have to have ax workbench
    Do you have any information, brochures or spec sheets, on these new controllers. I just got into the EasyIO system and have been asking around about these controllers but just keep hearing that they are going to be awesome without any "proof". I am just curious about them. So far, I do like the EasyIO controllers and Sedona is pretty sweet. Programming is a breeze and integration is very simple too.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HuNGRYTeCH View Post
    Do you have any information, brochures or spec sheets, on these new controllers. I just got into the EasyIO system and have been asking around about these controllers but just keep hearing that they are going to be awesome without any "proof". I am just curious about them. So far, I do like the EasyIO controllers and Sedona is pretty sweet. Programming is a breeze and integration is very simple too.
    THE CONTROLLERS WILL BE OUT AT THE SHOW IN DALLAS IM BETA TESTING A PROTOTYPE

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dlhvac View Post
    THE CONTROLLERS WILL BE OUT AT THE SHOW IN DALLAS IM BETA TESTING A PROTOTYPE
    What SHOW are you referring to?
    "It's not that I'm smart, it's that I stay with the problem longer”
    Albert Einstein

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by xarralu View Post
    the ashrae show

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by xarralu View Post
    the ashrae show sent you an email

Post Likes
    Awesome! Thanks for the info I appreciate it.

Post Likes
    What is the lowest cycles per second the 30P should running. I have one that I may just be asking too much from, running 4-5 cps in the benchmark.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac69 View Post
    What is the lowest cycles per second the 30P should running. I have one that I may just be asking too much from, running 4-5 cps in the benchmark.
    I've been told a minimum of 7 cycles and thats pushing it. Below that its going to freeze or crash. You can probably free up some room by dividing your program up into more folders, that seems to help a little bit. What all are you doing to be running that low?

Post Likes
    Two loops for valves, 2 separate 2 pump lead lag based off max run time with failure changeover, manual reset and notification, alarm for high and low limit and sensor failures, boiler staging with rotating first on. Only using Sedona network. I will try to split it into a couple more folders.

Post Likes
    Does anyone know what these new FG controllers will cost?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HuNGRYTeCH View Post
    I've been told a minimum of 7 cycles and thats pushing it. Below that its going to freeze or crash. You can probably free up some room by dividing your program up into more folders, that seems to help a little bit. What all are you doing to be running that low?
    There is also a V2 Easyio30P that has a better processor and more memory; it can easily recognised by a blue run light instead of green.

My experience is that using the modbus comms on the controller tends to use a fair amount of cycles.

1 program I have written maxed out a V1 and is down to about 8-9 cycles on a V2; when I have the time it will be rewritten smarter and more efficiently.

Dazza

Post Likes
    Assuming that the EasyIO FG controllers you mentioned are what they are referring to as "The Beast", they are supposed to be about 30% more than the 30Ps. Last I heard was that they are supposed to be released at ASHRAE.

Post Likes
    All will be revealed in Dallas on 29 Jan 2013 at Eddie Deans (http://www.eddiedeensranch.com/) at 2pm, immediately after the CTA awards. Please come along to the CTA (and vote for us!)

In addition to the Workbench, there will be TWO Non Niagara tools, one from a company in Australia (as attached) and another one from Maxline. All can be seen in Dallas on 29th Jan 2013 at the launch of the FG Beast series.

We are doing fine, business is booming and many new products on the way.

On the Beast, it is very powerful, it cruises through big APPs, and scans every object 128 times per second, even when there are more than 250+ objects.

Post Likes
    Is it possible to program without being live with a controller?

Post Likes
    Yes, it will be possible via the new Third Party Tools. These will be displayed on the 29th Jan in Dallas.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in