Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 79 to 91 of 120
  1. #79
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    290
    Quote Originally Posted by sysint View Post
    Really? Then why do you sell them Tridium, VI, Plexus, etc... (you get the point)? Facts are it does the same thing the web servers do for consistency. However, I acquiesce that some people will want something cheap and risk needing to know multiple products to get varying degrees of "job done" rather than sticking to a plan and doing a couple things really well. Facts are your labor is the bigger cost.... every time. This includes the soft costs of support and product reliability. Some people actually bought Yugos and they did manage to get people around for awhile.
    I reckon you have me confused with someone else as I dont sell them tridium, VI, Plexus, etc... (so no I dont get the point).

    Dazza

  2. #80
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    9,564
    You obviously sell other systems with those features. Point is you sell those features so they aren't overkill. They are appropriate. Will you sell every feature every job? Obviously not. However, they are there when you need them without needing two or three products to support just for what amounts to very little money. Like I said elsewhere, even a Yugo could get people many places.

  3. #81
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    290
    Quote Originally Posted by sysint View Post
    You obviously sell other systems with those features. Point is you sell those features so they aren't overkill. They are appropriate. Will you sell every feature every job? Obviously not. However, they are there when you need them without needing two or three products to support just for what amounts to very little money. Like I said elsewhere, even a Yugo could get people many places.
    ahh no I dont, I have my own business doing part-time automation after hours, at this stage I havent sold anything other then stand alone product.

    If you read a few posts down you will see I agree it is a good value for money product but it is more than what I require, nothing you say will change that.

    FWIW, I have no idea what a Yugo is.

    Dazza

  4. #82
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    9,564
    Quote Originally Posted by azzad View Post
    ...If you read a few posts down you will see I agree it is a good value for money product but it is more than what I require, nothing you say will change that.
    I understand this completely and accept it. Understand many others think differently.

    FWIW, I have no idea what a Yugo is.
    You bought one instead of an LVIS.

  5. #83
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    290
    Quote Originally Posted by sysint View Post
    Understand many others think differently.
    How others think is not my problem; this wouldnt be real life if they didnt think differently.

    Quote Originally Posted by sysint View Post
    You bought one instead of an LVIS.
    As stated b4 I didn't buy anything instead of an LVIS.

    Though my opinion of the LVIS is dropping each time you post

    Dazza

  6. #84
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    9,564
    Quote Originally Posted by azzad View Post
    How others think is not my problem; this wouldnt be real life if they didnt think differently...Though my opinion of the LVIS is dropping each time you post
    Whatever. Seriously. If you want to feel good about something else that is your perogative. I try not to purchase on feelings. Further, if this is the way you would operate this is problematic from my direction. Everything is a two-way street.

    Which is why I have some interest in Sedona.... even though it has a set of "chips" to buy from a specific manufacturer. If it performs best at a reasonable price for what it does (note: not necessarily cheap) than it is a smart purchase.

  7. #85
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    290
    Geez stooping to feelings now.

  8. #86
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    194
    Sedona is not a set of chips. It is an open source framework. Developers can put Sedona on the chip of their choice. The chip you choose must meet certain memory requirements and must support IP. The Jennic chip is a good way to get started, but it is not a mandatory requirement.

  9. #87
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,474
    Quote Originally Posted by asdf;ljk View Post
    Sedona is not a set of chips. It is an open source framework. Developers can put Sedona on the chip of their choice
    ... a tiny code framework.
    ... that delivers a bucket load of OPEN
    ... watch this space
    1 + 1 = 3 ( *** for very large values of 1)

    ...everybody wants a box of chocolates and long stemmed rose

  10. #88
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    9,564
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    look, youre a building manager right? wee...
    Im the guy you call when Siemens wont answer the phone.
    Im the guy you call when you have an unsupported legacy control system
    Im the guy that Siemens, Honeywell, Alerton, Johnson, Reliable etc etc etc want to capture as a distributor
    381 is the guy who is smart enough to figure out a contractor's BS. I say that because:
    • He's the guy who taught himself LON, LNS, and four or five controller lines and two server products.
    • He's the guy who taught himself graphical programming to program his own devices.
    • He's the guy who I think probably knows more about a LON packet than most service techs who think they know something.
    • He's the guy who is learning DALI lighting.
    • He's the guy who decided most graphics stink so he taught himself to make his own 3d graphics and does it really well. You can catch that at the AHR show because I've asked if it's OK to show some of his work.
    • He's also the building engineer that can also service his own equipment.

    He doesn't need to toot his own horn because he delivers.

    FACTS are attached. Let's see your graphics.... weeeee.

    -- I'm also willing to put money he wins an integrated building automation award before you EVER do, if you ever would.
    Last edited by sysint; 09-14-2011 at 11:16 AM.

  11. #89
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,474
    Quote Originally Posted by sysint View Post
    FACTS are attached. Let's see your graphics.... weeeee.
    What is this? A Pissing contest?

    Im sure 381 is perfectly capable, and that you are too...I understand that you both are firm believers in the cleverness of the Loytec product and your enthusiasm is commendable.

    Please, do try not to take me out of context...
    1 + 1 = 3 ( *** for very large values of 1)

    ...everybody wants a box of chocolates and long stemmed rose

  12. #90
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    9,564
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    look, youre a building manager right? wee...
    I'd say exact context.

    Tell me how that goes "discovering" on Modbus RTU with Tridium. I'd like to hear all about that process.

  13. #91
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,474
    Quote Originally Posted by sysint View Post
    .... weeeee.

    ... Oh I get it... it the typo I cant edit out that youre hung up about.
    ... gimme a break!
    1 + 1 = 3 ( *** for very large values of 1)

    ...everybody wants a box of chocolates and long stemmed rose

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event