+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sedona controller

Post Likes
    Did I forget to mention I didnt need to buy any software to program them or network them?

Dazza

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by azzad View Post
    I just need an affordable standalone front end for accessing schedules and a couple of setpoints. From what I understand they are working on that right now.

Dazza
    easy io spits out BACnet or Modbus, why not use a loytec touch screen for your front end?

Post Likes
    loytech touchscreen will cost more then the controllers; makes it hard to justify.

Post Likes
    Ok.
    But you said you want a front end. controllers are not front end, so you gotta spend some though.
    I thought infocon also sold Jace200 as easyio-J2 with no contracts, so why not use that as the front end?. I believe in your region they price J2s pretty aggressively.

Post Likes
    That would then become more expensive then the loytech option as I would have to supply either a pc or some sort of touchscreen as well.

I know I want everything for nothing but I am just trying to provide what my customers want for the budget they have.

We are making do at the moment with setpoint adjust stats and stand alone time clocks but it will be nice to use the functionality built into the EasyIO with limited extra cost.

The interface has to be simple to use and allow access to the couple of things required, preferablly bolted to the wall and nothing else, the loytech touchscreen would be ideal if I could get them at a better price.

Dazza

Post Likes
    That would then become more expensive then the loytech option as I would have to supply either a pc or some sort of touchscreen as well.

What customers do you have that don't already have a PC with a web browser? That's all they need to access the Jace.

Kevin

Controls is a lifestyle not a job

Post Likes
    Goverment networks mostly that are all very touchy regarding access etc.

So it has to be stand alone.

Dazza

Post Likes
    Come on the L touchscreen isn't that expensive, buy the smaller one!

BTW - all we either need to move this thread to pro or cut the specific price info out. The other thing is at this point I think we've truly high-jacked NINAX's thread, hopefully he's sitting back laughing at the debate he triggered!

Matrix - No pricing allowed in public forum's. Sign up for pro and you can discuss details there.
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    BIG Government = More Dependents
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform
    My 5 yr old son "Dad, Siri is not very smart when there's no internet."

Post Likes
    TThe interface has to be simple to use and allow access to the couple of things required, preferablly bolted to the wall and nothing else, the loytech touchscreen would be ideal if I could get them at a better price.

Dazza
    If you want something super simple/basic to toggle some setpoints or do some on/offs than look at:
    http://hrw.hk/index_files/Controls/H...0HPD0460BN.zip

you program it via hyper terminal. I think easyio does bacnet mstp, you need that for this LCD.
    Anyway, basic LCD with a few buttons and decent functionality, it may do the trick for you.

good luck.

Post Likes

tridium website

I was looking around on the Tridium site and was watching the video of the first LEED building in the middle east. They used EasyIO.
    "It's not that I'm smart, it's that I stay with the problem longer”
    Albert Einstein

Post Likes
    What about an small industrial HMI with onboard Modbus?

Advantech have stuff like that...Ocean Controls used to have one...there'd be others.
    1 + 1 = 3 ( *** for very large values of 1)

...everybody wants a box of chocolates and long stemmed rose

Be brave. You cannot get eaten by an imaginary tiger.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by crab master View Post
    Come on the L touchscreen isn't that expensive, buy the smaller one!
    I must admit I havent looked for awhile but last time I enquired it wasnt doable.

The Industrial HMI were in the same price bracket as Loytech.

I will check out the HRW product.

And now I will stop hijacking.

Dazza
    Last edited by azzad; 10-07-2010 at 12:56 AM.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    ...Hmm, are you sure you have a handle all your licensing requirements and costs???
    What does 801+ have to do with LINX servers? Nothing if you don't want it that way.

Post Likes
    Goverment networks mostly that are all very touchy regarding access etc. So it has to be stand alone.
    Dazza
    For the feature set the LVIS touch panel is significantly less $/point than the competition. Maybe the "problem" is that LVIS has more points, more alarms, more schedules, more trends, action items, triggers, email, VNC server, mathematical objects and animations. What happens with touch panels is you want to always do "one more thing". LVIS does the "one more thing" without Windows OS issues. It just works.

We sell a ton of them. Especially on government jobs.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by sysint View Post
    For the feature set the LVIS touch panel is significantly less $/point than the competition. Maybe the "problem" is that LVIS has more points, more alarms, more schedules, more trends, action items, triggers, email, VNC server, mathematical objects and animations. What happens with touch panels is you want to always do "one more thing". LVIS does the "one more thing" without Windows OS issues. It just works.

We sell a ton of them. Especially on government jobs.
    The fact that it does all of the above is great and I certainly think it is good value for money but it is way over the top in features for what my clients are looking for.

They dont want trends, action items, triggers, email, vnc server, math, animations, they just want to view several units status and access a schedule occasionally and maybe tweak a setpoint from time to time.

Dazza

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by XcelTech View Post
    I feel like I am watching a political debate for presidency.
    Nice avatar, become a professional member so you can get pms, I work in Baton Rouge also.
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    very soon it is you that will be pwned

Post Likes
    They dont want trends, action items, triggers, email, vnc server, math, animations, they just want to view several units status and access a schedule occasionally and maybe tweak a setpoint from time to time.
    L-WEB project for a smart phone maybe?

Post Likes
    The fact that it does all of the above is great and I certainly think it is good value for money but it is way over the top in features for what my clients are looking for. They dont want....
    Dazza
    Really? Then why do you sell them Tridium, VI, Plexus, etc... (you get the point)? Facts are it does the same thing the web servers do for consistency. However, I acquiesce that some people will want something cheap and risk needing to know multiple products to get varying degrees of "job done" rather than sticking to a plan and doing a couple things really well. Facts are your labor is the bigger cost.... every time. This includes the soft costs of support and product reliability. Some people actually bought Yugos and they did manage to get people around for awhile.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by sysint View Post
    Really? Then why do you sell them Tridium, VI, Plexus, etc... (you get the point)? Facts are it does the same thing the web servers do for consistency. However, I acquiesce that some people will want something cheap and risk needing to know multiple products to get varying degrees of "job done" rather than sticking to a plan and doing a couple things really well. Facts are your labor is the bigger cost.... every time. This includes the soft costs of support and product reliability. Some people actually bought Yugos and they did manage to get people around for awhile.
    I reckon you have me confused with someone else as I dont sell them tridium, VI, Plexus, etc... (so no I dont get the point).

Dazza

Post Likes
    You obviously sell other systems with those features. Point is you sell those features so they aren't overkill. They are appropriate. Will you sell every feature every job? Obviously not. However, they are there when you need them without needing two or three products to support just for what amounts to very little money. Like I said elsewhere, even a Yugo could get people many places.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in