Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    matrix, what about no licensing do you fail to understand? Loytec actually designs and MANUFACTURES their products. They do not buy a power pc from Taiwan and load some software on it like another vendor that you are familiar with.

Quote Originally Posted by sysint View Post
    matrix, what about no licensing do you fail to understand? ....
    Well, this bit from their product manual actually...

LWEB-801 Server for 5 LOYTEC devices
    LWEB-801-LIC5 Server license for 5 additional LOYTEC devices

and this bit ...

The basic version has a license for two users. Additional licenses for more than two users are available.

and this bit...

LWEB-820 Hierarchical structuring and changing of schedule parameter and calendar, license for 2 users

and this bit ...

LWEB-821 Efficient parameterization of L-INX and L-ROC devices, license for 2 users

...Hmm, are you sure you have a handle all your licensing requirements and costs???
    1 + 1 = 3 ( *** for very large values of 1)

...everybody wants a box of chocolates and long stemmed rose

I feel like I am watching a political debate for presidency.

Quote Originally Posted by XcelTech View Post
    I feel like I am watching a political debate for presidency.
    Same thing here. It's good info-didn't know alot of it. Azzad actually turned me onto EasyIO. They have YouTube videos on their configuration. Looks pretty slick.

Nice EasyIO instructional videos on You tube as follows:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDe62fFaq_c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLfUAfGoRaU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkurZxpNG0E
    Last edited by xarralu; 10-06-2010 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Added You Tube Links
    "It's not that I'm smart, it's that I stay with the problem longer”
    Albert Einstein

XcelTech,

If yer Loytec will deliver and it doesn't screw us or our customers over...then it's in the stable. Simple as that.

Bigboyz better get smart and start selling us controls. or giving tech support. or making themselves available when required....or we will just rip their 'open'-proprietary ie. Bacnet rubbish out and put in Tridium...or Loytec

The customers are starting to wise up... the consultants are already listening.

When LON was released all the consultants jumped on it, then Bacnet came and they're all on it like a seagull on a french-Fry...maybe the next thing will be IEC 61499

The thing will all this OPEN noise is that all the big boyz are on the bandwagon *****ing about licenses and complaining about proprietary etc when typically they are way more closed and restrictive than Tridium.

xarralu,

Azzad...sounds like Dazza backwards ... I think azzad may well be in the same part of the world as we are ...

Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    xarralu,

Azzad...sounds like Dazza backwards ... I think azzad may well be in the same part of the world as we are ...
    He's out of Australia. He says he has been using EasyIO and really likes it. Maybe he will chime in here soon
    "It's not that I'm smart, it's that I stay with the problem longer”
    Albert Einstein

azzad is Dazza backwards but I have no idea which part of the world you are in.

At this point in time I use the EasyIO 30 controllers as a freely programmable. They have been the best bang for buck controller I have come across that actually work. I have had 0 failures and 0 projects I havent been able to achieve with the EasyIO 30's.

Maybe I am just lucky though.

I just need an affordable standalone front end for accessing schedules and a couple of setpoints. From what I understand they are working on that right now.

Dazza

Did I forget to mention I didnt need to buy any software to program them or network them?

Dazza

Quote Originally Posted by azzad View Post
    I just need an affordable standalone front end for accessing schedules and a couple of setpoints. From what I understand they are working on that right now.

Dazza
    easy io spits out BACnet or Modbus, why not use a loytec touch screen for your front end?

loytech touchscreen will cost more then the controllers; makes it hard to justify.

Ok.
    But you said you want a front end. controllers are not front end, so you gotta spend some though.
    I thought infocon also sold Jace200 as easyio-J2 with no contracts, so why not use that as the front end?. I believe in your region they price J2s pretty aggressively.

That would then become more expensive then the loytech option as I would have to supply either a pc or some sort of touchscreen as well.

I know I want everything for nothing but I am just trying to provide what my customers want for the budget they have.

We are making do at the moment with setpoint adjust stats and stand alone time clocks but it will be nice to use the functionality built into the EasyIO with limited extra cost.

The interface has to be simple to use and allow access to the couple of things required, preferablly bolted to the wall and nothing else, the loytech touchscreen would be ideal if I could get them at a better price.

Dazza

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast