Page 1 of 10 12345678 ... LastLast

Sedona controller

Has anyone applied one of these yet?

Sedona EasyIO

We rolled out five of these on a project a couple months ago - but we couldn't reliably get the Sedona comm to work, and our Linux SoftJACE couldn't talk BACnet/IP at the time, so we ended up using these as Modbus/TCP devices...(sorta cool to have three protocols in one device)

They're a little goofy - for instance, they support thermistors, but only when you build the table...and if you want to use a 10K-ohm thermistor, you don't set the input to be a 10K-ohm resistance input, otherwise it reads a maximum of 10K-ohms! You set it as a 30K-ohm resistance, then it will read the entire range of a 10K-ohm thermistor...once you build the table...

And, we had one of the devices never read the digital inputs correctly, so technically that's a 20% failure rate, but with such a limited sample, that's not really fair - but it was another little issue to deal with.

My impression is that they are not a mature product yet - the ESL style of the documentation (and website, too) doesn't help with that impression - but the ones we have deployed are working just fine.

we used only two of them as a test on in the office and didn't have any proplems with the sedona communication. Overall, we are really high on them but no real sites yet. I heard there was a new firmware for it that came out that might have fixed some of the original problems. We gave a few of them to our customers for testing and will have a site using them in a week or two.

From the pacific coast, live in the mid-west now!
    Somewhat related but not...anyone know of any other Sedona-based products on the market yet? I remember hearing that Belimo was going to do a smart VAV controller/actuator/thingy based on Sedona. Are companies really adopting Sedona or is it still too early?

I have heard of aic wireless using sedona for street lighting, but we have only seen the easy io. They are two more devices, don't know what company they are, that we are going to be testing on shortly.

What is the sedona framework?

Wireless Sedona

AIC Wireless has used the devices. The product will be rolled out at the Niagara Summit May 2-4, 2010. I would recommend contacting AIC Wireless with any questions.

Looks like these guys have it also: http://www.ccontrols.com/basautomation/basremote.htm

EasyIO VAV Controller

Does anyone have any expericence with EasyIO Bacnet/MSTP VAV controllers? I have a price list from their sales dept. but I cann't find the cutsheets for these contrllers.

We have a dying Honeywell XL500/XL10 system here and need to find options to replace them all phase by phase.

Quote Originally Posted by davem View Post
    We rolled out five of these on a project a couple months ago - but we couldn't reliably get the Sedona comm to work, and our Linux SoftJACE couldn't talk BACnet/IP at the time, so we ended up using these as Modbus/TCP devices...(sorta cool to have three protocols in one device)
    Simultaneously communicating the three?

you flash it with each new proto, as far as i know.

We have many and they are great. Yes it is a little goofy which is due to legacy issues...that 30k 10k thing had me going for a while too.

Excellent IO density.
    Sedona is better with Workbench
    Can be flashed is desired to be modbus or bacnet only
    Yeas...ALL 3 protocols ( AT THE SAME TIME!!)...thats right CONCURRENTLY!
    1 + 1 = 3 ( *** for very large values of 1)

...everybody wants a box of chocolates and long stemmed rose

Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    ...Can be flashed is desired to be modbus or bacnet only Yeas...ALL 3 protocols ( AT THE SAME TIME!!)...thats right CONCURRENTLY!
    Well, that's confusing. All three concurrently or not?
    Finally somebody is starting to catch up.

Why use "Sedona" protocol?

EDIT--- I don't see where they support simultaneous communication of multiple protocols. Could you direct me in the right area? TIA.
    Last edited by sysint; 10-04-2010 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Comment

Page 1 of 10 12345678 ... LastLast