Honeywell L8124A triple aquastat Question.

My main goal in this thread is to find out how to save$$. I have a 2 zone Burnham oil fired boiler. It has a Honeywell L8124A triple aquastat . The settings are Hi 180 Low 150 w/ a 15 deg diff. If I bring the low lim down to say 140 am I sacrificing my hot shower?? This house does not have a HWH.
    Does any one now of the best outdoor reset that is reliable for this set up? I do not have gas available to my area? It seems when ever I walk past that Dam boiler room its always running. Even if I turn the Domestic cold water on the boiler starts up. WTF???

JP
    like it love it live it

Save money via which method? Poke-n-hope or scientific? How much money? Do you want really save money, or is thinking you are saving money good enough?

If Poke-n-hope/think I'm saving is all you are looking for, go for fiddling with your system. When soot and condensation cause expensive repairs, you can blame poke or maybe hope.

If scientific you can actually know how much you will save BEFORE making expensive changes. Contact a BPI Accredited contractor.

They should audit your home using diagnostic tools thereby understanding why your house performs the way it does, ask you a lot of questions so they know your interests and concerns, then model your home and the improvements you were interested in, and others the testing discovered you may need.

All this goes in an approved software program that accurately estimates your savings to investment ratio for the improvements (cost/benefit).

Icing on this cake? In NY and NJ the contractor AND THE HOMEOWNER get paid for doing this THE WAY IT SHOULD BE DONE ANYHOW (imagine that!) I save my clients 30-70% on their energy bills using this method. I am documenting my results.

So, poke-n-hope or scientific?
    Which makes more sense to you?
    CONSERVATION - turning your thermostat back and being uncomfortable. Maybe saving 5-10%
    ENERGY EFFICIENCY - leaving your thermostat where everyone is comfortable. Saving 30-70%

DO THE NUMBERS! Step on a HOMESCALE.
    What is comfort? Well, it AIN'T just TEMPERATURE!

Energy Obese? An audit is the next step - go to BPI.org, or RESNET, and find an auditor near you.