Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    So far I'm the only one in the Los Angeles area.

Just put a mark!. I'm the first one in my location, Hanoi city of Vietnam .

neat to see where the guys are at

map

wow! nobody else from Longview, WA on the map

close to you,,,,get your posts up, and apply for pro status. This website has more good information on it than you can imagine. Wish I had had a resource like this back when I first started. I still use it every day,,and I'm supposed to be retired. And then of course there are lots of gruppy old guys like me that'll talk you thru other problems, like what brand of beer to drink and how to barbecue your food.
    One way to outthink people is to make them think you think. They'll think you're not really thinking what you're trying to get them to think you think...........

Thanks for the reply. Now if I could barbecue, that would be something! LOL. Would love to learn what I am doing out in the field. Just told to do it and figure out problems on my own, or ask another tech questions, when available. Changed crankcase heater in i14 today. They have all been fairly simple till this pain in the butt.

Everything you do that's new will be an education. Even the repetitive things are going to give you a challenge from time to time. Just get a list of resources,,,and never be afraid to use them. The one thing I have learned about sayings, that hits home the hardest is:"there are no stupid questions."
    One way to outthink people is to make them think you think. They'll think you're not really thinking what you're trying to get them to think you think...........

Hey there airmechanical! Not all of us are guys. You're talking to a gal here. lol. Nice to see that there is a site for all of us techs. Would like to better my skills and knowledge of this trade.

Wow, that was weird. Thought that I posted last comment in the map part of this site. Anyway, thank you for the advise. The 2 guys that I work with are pretty good at explaining things over the phone when I am in a jam. Don't think I have ticked them off, too much. When I have put in enough comments and become the pro part of this site, will I be able to ask for a little assistance from other techs? for example, checking crankcase heaters without having to disconnect and cut the crimp between purple and black to check for continuity, when it is too hot out to check for amperage. You don't need to answer the technical question, because I know that it isn't allowed, just wondering if questions of these sorts can be answered after becoming pro.

Quote Originally Posted by mfranck View Post
    Wow, that was weird. Thought that I posted last comment in the map part of this site. Anyway, thank you for the advise. The 2 guys that I work with are pretty good at explaining things over the phone when I am in a jam. Don't think I have ticked them off, too much. When I have put in enough comments and become the pro part of this site, will I be able to ask for a little assistance from other techs? for example, checking crankcase heaters without having to disconnect and cut the crimp between purple and black, when it is too hot out to check for amperage. You don't need to answer the technical question, because I know that it isn't allowed, just wondering if questions of these sorts can be answered after becoming pro.
    Yes.

If you get your post count up and qualify for pro membership, much more technical information is shared.

Also, you get access to the educational forums. Good info there.

Thank you jpsmith. I appreciate the quick reply back. I am very thankful that this site is available to us. I will do my best to not overuse it. I have been a low voltage electrician for 6 years, but this is more challenging and fun.

i'm there. nice to see there are others in my 'hood.

I'm on Zee Map! Nice to meet all of you

Last edited by k-fridge; 11-13-2010 at 09:40 PM.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast