Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 256789101112
    Good a time as any to start off the New Year Here. Got myself pinned down here.

Hey, my name is Steven and I'm new here. Gonna take a class in HVAC this month and know nothing about it. But I'll be working for my dad after so hopefully that'll help me find work.

You would there would be more pins in China since just about all the parts come from there.
    bb

Sir,
    I am a new member to this group, actually I am new in US itself. I am from India with immigration visa and reached here a couple of months back. I have over 25 years of experience in the Refrigeration and Air Conditioning field, covering vast areas such as Oil Chillers, Panel Air Conditioners, Split A/Cs and other commercial and domestic equipment. I request you to kindly let me know how am I to get EPA certification here and the licence to purchase refrigerants and other gases. In India I had done Bachelors of Science (Chemistry Honors), Masters in Business Administration (HR) and also Diploma course in Air Conditioning and Refrigeration. Kindly guide me in this query so that I may be able to set up my own business here.
    Thanking you in anticipation.
    Naveed Abbasi.

Quote Originally Posted by Naveed Abbasi View Post
    Sir,
    I am a new member to this group, actually I am new in US itself. I am from India with immigration visa and reached here a couple of months back. I have over 25 years of experience in the Refrigeration and Air Conditioning field, covering vast areas such as Oil Chillers, Panel Air Conditioners, Split A/Cs and other commercial and domestic equipment. I request you to kindly let me know how am I to get EPA certification here and the licence to purchase refrigerants and other gases. In India I had done Bachelors of Science (Chemistry Honors), Masters in Business Administration (HR) and also Diploma course in Air Conditioning and Refrigeration. Kindly guide me in this query so that I may be able to set up my own business here.
    Thanking you in anticipation.
    Naveed Abbasi.
    Contact your local HVAC Distributers and ask them if they offer EPA 608 universal testing. You will have to pay a fee and they will proctor(oversee) the testing, you should get the study guide as it's a closed book test.

As for setting up a business every state is different. You need to contact your State Department that handles contractor licensing. In Kentucky, for example, it's the Department of Housing, Buildings and Construction-HVAC Division.

Thanks for guiding me. Right now I am based in Norcross GA. maybe I'll have to contact the Georgia State Department for my licence.

Quote Originally Posted by Naveed Abbasi View Post
    Thanks for guiding me. Right now I am based in Norcross GA. maybe I'll have to contact the Georgia State Department for my licence.
    United sponsors the 608 class as well as Johnstone Supply. United's class is less expensive.

In Georgia the warm air license is handled by the GA Secretary of State.

http://www.contractors-license.org/ga/ga.htm

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 256789101112