Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 25678910111213 LastLast
Results 144 to 156 of 157
  1. #144
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Ringgold, Ga.
    Posts
    51
    Post Likes
    Good a time as any to start off the New Year Here. Got myself pinned down here.

  2. #145
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    12,510
    Post Likes

  3. #146
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
    Posts
    1
    Post Likes
    Hey, my name is Steven and I'm new here. Gonna take a class in HVAC this month and know nothing about it. But I'll be working for my dad after so hopefully that'll help me find work.

  4. #147
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    75
    Post Likes
    You would there would be more pins in China since just about all the parts come from there.
    bb

  5. #148
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia, United States
    Posts
    12
    Post Likes
    Sir,
    I am a new member to this group, actually I am new in US itself. I am from India with immigration visa and reached here a couple of months back. I have over 25 years of experience in the Refrigeration and Air Conditioning field, covering vast areas such as Oil Chillers, Panel Air Conditioners, Split A/Cs and other commercial and domestic equipment. I request you to kindly let me know how am I to get EPA certification here and the licence to purchase refrigerants and other gases. In India I had done Bachelors of Science (Chemistry Honors), Masters in Business Administration (HR) and also Diploma course in Air Conditioning and Refrigeration. Kindly guide me in this query so that I may be able to set up my own business here.
    Thanking you in anticipation.
    Naveed Abbasi.

  6. #149
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Western, KY
    Posts
    3,294
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Naveed Abbasi View Post
    Sir,
    I am a new member to this group, actually I am new in US itself. I am from India with immigration visa and reached here a couple of months back. I have over 25 years of experience in the Refrigeration and Air Conditioning field, covering vast areas such as Oil Chillers, Panel Air Conditioners, Split A/Cs and other commercial and domestic equipment. I request you to kindly let me know how am I to get EPA certification here and the licence to purchase refrigerants and other gases. In India I had done Bachelors of Science (Chemistry Honors), Masters in Business Administration (HR) and also Diploma course in Air Conditioning and Refrigeration. Kindly guide me in this query so that I may be able to set up my own business here.
    Thanking you in anticipation.
    Naveed Abbasi.
    Contact your local HVAC Distributers and ask them if they offer EPA 608 universal testing. You will have to pay a fee and they will proctor(oversee) the testing, you should get the study guide as it's a closed book test.

    As for setting up a business every state is different. You need to contact your State Department that handles contractor licensing. In Kentucky, for example, it's the Department of Housing, Buildings and Construction-HVAC Division.

  7. #150
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia, United States
    Posts
    12
    Post Likes
    Thanks for guiding me. Right now I am based in Norcross GA. maybe I'll have to contact the Georgia State Department for my licence.

  8. #151
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    12,510
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Naveed Abbasi View Post
    Thanks for guiding me. Right now I am based in Norcross GA. maybe I'll have to contact the Georgia State Department for my licence.
    United sponsors the 608 class as well as Johnstone Supply. United's class is less expensive.

    In Georgia the warm air license is handled by the GA Secretary of State.

    http://www.contractors-license.org/ga/ga.htm

  9. #152
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    42
    Post Likes
    This is a very nice feature. Gives a really good idea of how vast this network is.

  10. #153
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    8
    Post Likes
    Hello hvav-talk community. I have just registered and I'm not sure how everything works yet. I am trying to find out how to post questions can anyone help? I know I may need to become a professional member, how do I do that? Thank you.

  11. #154
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denver/Boulder
    Posts
    2,512
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad Holland View Post
    Hello hvav-talk community. I have just registered and I'm not sure how everything works yet. I am trying to find out how to post questions can anyone help? I know I may need to become a professional member, how do I do that? Thank you.

    you just did(post a question)

    are you a hvac pro or in school to become a pro?


    are you a homeowner with a question?


    something else?


    let us know and you will receive direction.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.


    Two pressures, four temperatures = SUCCESS!


    Boulder Heating Contractor


    For Consumers:

    For HVACR Professionals:


  12. #155
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Naveed Abbasi View Post
    Sir,
    I am a new member to this group, actually I am new in US itself. I am from India with immigration visa and reached here a couple of months back. I have over 25 years of experience in the Refrigeration and Air Conditioning field, covering vast areas such as Oil Chillers, Panel Air Conditioners, Split A/Cs and other commercial and domestic equipment. I request you to kindly let me know how am I to get EPA certification here and the licence to purchase refrigerants and other gases. In India I had done Bachelors of Science (Chemistry Honors), Masters in Business Administration (HR) and also Diploma course in Air Conditioning and Refrigeration. Kindly guide me in this query so that I may be able to set up my own business here.
    Thanking you in anticipation.
    Naveed Abbasi.
    This is a BIG question. I'm not sure you'll get the answer here?

  13. #156
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denver/Boulder
    Posts
    2,512
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Naveed Abbasi View Post
    Thanks for guiding me. Right now I am based in Norcross GA. maybe I'll have to contact the Georgia State Department for my licence.
    An additional comment about the EPA 608 certification.

    It's no big deal. Most of it is wrote memorization of dates and some figures based around recovery requirements that are immaterial in a practical sense. also some chiller component identification.

    The hardest part of the test is memorizing things that you can't believe they are making you memorize. When was the Montreal protocol enacted? certification dates and requirements for recovery machines, etc. Things that are useless and largely immaterial at this point, but that's what they make you learn to get your 608.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.


    Two pressures, four temperatures = SUCCESS!


    Boulder Heating Contractor


    For Consumers:

    For HVACR Professionals:


Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 25678910111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor MagazineThe place where Electrical professionals meet.
Quality Home Comfort Awards