Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 25678910111213 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Good a time as any to start off the New Year Here. Got myself pinned down here.

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Hey, my name is Steven and I'm new here. Gonna take a class in HVAC this month and know nothing about it. But I'll be working for my dad after so hopefully that'll help me find work.

Post Likes
    You would there would be more pins in China since just about all the parts come from there.
    bb

Post Likes
    Sir,
    I am a new member to this group, actually I am new in US itself. I am from India with immigration visa and reached here a couple of months back. I have over 25 years of experience in the Refrigeration and Air Conditioning field, covering vast areas such as Oil Chillers, Panel Air Conditioners, Split A/Cs and other commercial and domestic equipment. I request you to kindly let me know how am I to get EPA certification here and the licence to purchase refrigerants and other gases. In India I had done Bachelors of Science (Chemistry Honors), Masters in Business Administration (HR) and also Diploma course in Air Conditioning and Refrigeration. Kindly guide me in this query so that I may be able to set up my own business here.
    Thanking you in anticipation.
    Naveed Abbasi.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Naveed Abbasi View Post
    Sir,
    I am a new member to this group, actually I am new in US itself. I am from India with immigration visa and reached here a couple of months back. I have over 25 years of experience in the Refrigeration and Air Conditioning field, covering vast areas such as Oil Chillers, Panel Air Conditioners, Split A/Cs and other commercial and domestic equipment. I request you to kindly let me know how am I to get EPA certification here and the licence to purchase refrigerants and other gases. In India I had done Bachelors of Science (Chemistry Honors), Masters in Business Administration (HR) and also Diploma course in Air Conditioning and Refrigeration. Kindly guide me in this query so that I may be able to set up my own business here.
    Naveed Abbasi.
    Contact your local HVAC Distributers and ask them if they offer EPA 608 universal testing. You will have to pay a fee and they will proctor(oversee) the testing, you should get the study guide as it's a closed book test.

As for setting up a business every state is different. You need to contact your State Department that handles contractor licensing. In Kentucky, for example, it's the Department of Housing, Buildings and Construction-HVAC Division.

Post Likes
    Thanks for guiding me. Right now I am based in Norcross GA. maybe I'll have to contact the Georgia State Department for my licence.

Post Likes
    Thanks for guiding me. Right now I am based in Norcross GA. maybe I'll have to contact the Georgia State Department for my licence.
    United sponsors the 608 class as well as Johnstone Supply. United's class is less expensive.

In Georgia the warm air license is handled by the GA Secretary of State.

http://www.contractors-license.org/ga/ga.htm

Post Likes
    This is a very nice feature. Gives a really good idea of how vast this network is.

Post Likes
    Hello hvav-talk community. I have just registered and I'm not sure how everything works yet. I am trying to find out how to post questions can anyone help? I know I may need to become a professional member, how do I do that? Thank you.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad Holland View Post
    Hello hvav-talk community. I have just registered and I'm not sure how everything works yet. I am trying to find out how to post questions can anyone help? I know I may need to become a professional member, how do I do that? Thank you.

you just did(post a question)

are you a hvac pro or in school to become a pro?

are you a homeowner with a question?

something else?

let us know and you will receive direction.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.

Two pressures, four temperatures = SUCCESS!

Boulder Heating Contractor

For Consumers:

For HVACR Professionals:

Post Likes
    Sir,
    Naveed Abbasi.
    This is a BIG question. I'm not sure you'll get the answer here?

Post Likes
    An additional comment about the EPA 608 certification.

It's no big deal. Most of it is wrote memorization of dates and some figures based around recovery requirements that are immaterial in a practical sense. also some chiller component identification.

The hardest part of the test is memorizing things that you can't believe they are making you memorize. When was the Montreal protocol enacted? certification dates and requirements for recovery machines, etc. Things that are useless and largely immaterial at this point, but that's what they make you learn to get your 608.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.

Two pressures, four temperatures = SUCCESS!

Boulder Heating Contractor

For Consumers:

For HVACR Professionals:

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 25678910111213 LastLast