Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: superheat/subcoolgauge

Originally posted by len
    need to see pic on how too hook up,have one in shop some where,was told by rep that on the micron gauge you cant use your refer hoses with it,while you are pulling a vac,it sucks the oil out of your orings leaving tiny pin holes in them,i think he said you have to use a piece of copper some conn,oh well in the draw it went.any other suggestions on hook up?
    Go to http://www.jbind.com and click on the instrument you have. Then click the link to "hookup diagram."
    There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action....Mark Twain

I have a question on that Jb meter Now if you are not supposed to use 22 gauges on 410 A. Why can you use that on both and just change keys on it for the refrigerant?
    thehumid1-------I live in NJ, a state where it's free to come in but you have to pay to leave!

Originally posted by thehumid1
    I have a question on that Jb meter Now if you are not supposed to use 22 gauges on 410 A. Why can you use that on both and just change keys on it for the refrigerant?
    The keys are so the meter displays the correct superheat and subcooling readings based on the type refrigerant you're using. It is preprogrammed for R22. The key plugs into the side of the unit. It will display up to 600 psig. and operate up to 800 psig.
    There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action....Mark Twain

Hmm, looks like a cool tool, don't anything about keys for altitude corrections, does make a difference between sea level and 5000 feet where I work everyday or 9000 feet where I work on occasion. Just an observation.
    Don't let your ego get in the way of a good decision

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12