+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Superheat/Subcooling Gauge

Post Likes
    Do any of you guys use a Superheat/Subcooling Gauge made by Robinair or J/B. It looks very cool and Ez or are they waste of money?

Post Likes
    I use the JB SH-10N it's a great meter and have checked it against the Fluke temperature clamp very accurate and it does the math for you. http://www.jbind.com

Post Likes

I'm purdy sure........

Diceman duz......... . .

Post Likes
    I use the J/B SH-31N. Wouldn't leave home without it! I actually have it strapped to my center manifold gauge hose. Works beautifully. This is my second year using the gauge without any problems. Constantly displays superheat or subcooling depending on how you have it connected. Let me know if you get one. I'll try to take a pic of mine and post it. I use it on every job that my gauges get connected to. An investment you won't regret.
    There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action....Mark Twain

Post Likes
    Originally posted by HVAC Pro
    I use the J/B SH-31N. Wouldn't leave home without it! I actually have it strapped to my center manifold gauge hose. Works beautifully. This is my second year using the gauge without any problems. Constantly displays superheat or subcooling depending on how you have it connected. Let me know if you get one. I'll try to take a pic of mine and post it. I use it on every job that my gauges get connected to. An investment you won't regret.
    you have it on your gauges how big is it

Post Likes
    See the link where I posted before.

Post Likes
    Checked out the link, how much are the extra keys??

Post Likes
    already set up for r22 and r410a came with it for a little under $200.

Post Likes
    It's about 3-1/2" wide by about 4-1/2" high and about 1" thick.

Post Likes

Talking

Thanks Guys I know what I will buying. The keys are like 20 Bucks in Johnstone. 1 More tool to feed my addiction

[Edited by fitter638nyc on 05-06-2004 at 10:37 PM]
    Tin Knockers BANG for a living

Post Likes
    I also use the SH31N a perfect tool for a perfect job everytime......you wanna be accurate....you wanna be 100 % positive..its a must saves 45 minutes on every job for me.

Post Likes
    Just got my new SH-31N J/B superheat subcool gauge I love this thing its great!! dont know how I did this with out it. But then I had to buy a new Yellow Jacket manifold and a new set of Imperial kwik-coupler. Thanks HVAC-Pro, Topdog, hvac/r-ia
    Tin Knockers BANG for a living

Post Likes

Talking superheat/subcoolgauge

need to see pic on how too hook up,have one in shop some where,was told by rep that on the micron gauge you cant use your refer hoses with it,while you are pulling a vac,it sucks the oil out of your orings leaving tiny pin holes in them,i think he said you have to use a piece of copper some conn,oh well in the draw it went.any other suggestions on hook up?
    if at first you dont succeed,then skydiving is not for you

Post Likes

Re: superheat/subcoolgauge

Originally posted by len
    need to see pic on how too hook up,have one in shop some where,was told by rep that on the micron gauge you cant use your refer hoses with it,while you are pulling a vac,it sucks the oil out of your orings leaving tiny pin holes in them,i think he said you have to use a piece of copper some conn,oh well in the draw it went.any other suggestions on hook up?
    Go to http://www.jbind.com and click on the instrument you have. Then click the link to "hookup diagram."

Post Likes
    I have a question on that Jb meter Now if you are not supposed to use 22 gauges on 410 A. Why can you use that on both and just change keys on it for the refrigerant?
    thehumid1-------I live in NJ, a state where it's free to come in but you have to pay to leave!

Post Likes
    Originally posted by thehumid1
    I have a question on that Jb meter Now if you are not supposed to use 22 gauges on 410 A. Why can you use that on both and just change keys on it for the refrigerant?
    The keys are so the meter displays the correct superheat and subcooling readings based on the type refrigerant you're using. It is preprogrammed for R22. The key plugs into the side of the unit. It will display up to 600 psig. and operate up to 800 psig.

Post Likes
    Hmm, looks like a cool tool, don't anything about keys for altitude corrections, does make a difference between sea level and 5000 feet where I work everyday or 9000 feet where I work on occasion. Just an observation.
    Don't let your ego get in the way of a good decision

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in