Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Chuck we wish we could have done more, there is nothing we can say to ease your pain, just know all of our prayers and thoughts are with you at this time, you have an extended family here, if you need us we are here. I am sure I speak for most everyone here. God Bless.

Originally posted by hvac45
    Chuck we wish we could have done more, there is nothing we can say to ease your pain, just know all of our prayers and thoughts are with you at this time, you have an extended family here, if you need us we are here. I am sure I speak for most everyone here. God Bless.
    Very well said 45...

This could be the start of something VERY big.

I don't know but it seems this little site Don has could really become something more than it was intended. And a good thing... Go figure.
    How but a cyber pat on the back Don?

I had a nice long chat with Chuck yesterday, about Gavin. You know, there were no warning signs, it is very scary. There were two "problem areas" that I would like to post for the sake of other parents who may read this.

One was a high degree of frustration that Gavin felt with his math class at school. It seems he was very good in math and could do math well beyond his grade level yet the school was rigid and would not give him or allow him to be in an advanced math class so he more or less refused to do the math that they were giving him.

The other was a lot of time spent on the Internet playing online games. Maybe too much time.

At home here, both of my daughters have laptops but the only Internet connection available to them is in the kitchen. This is just so that we are around when they are "doing their homework" on the Net. However, out at the cottage, I have set up a wireless network to make the cottage more fun for them. I just did that this spring and already it has been a problem as I caught my 11 year old, in her room "doing her homework" but actually going to a chat site where the conversation (including hers) was extremely XXX. Anyway, getting off topic.

Like I said, we had a good conversation but it is a very sad situation.

The final total for the donations is $2,537.11 including the HVAC-Calc auction.

Thank you to all.

don
    don sleeth - HVAC-Talk Founder
    HVAC Computer Systems
    Heat Load Calculation Software

Don I gotta disagree with the online gaming. I know many online game players like myself and did not contemplate suicide over it. It actually in a way is a major stress reliever to be able to go home and shoot up a few imaginary ppl on the internet. Extended periods of time and all night sessions would be a better sign. Anxiety frustration and stress related to these games though is another story. Any time you have a gamer who plays a lot onlilne you really need to monitor them and how much they play as well as their behavior.

Originally posted by swat
    Don I gotta disagree with the online gaming. I know many online game players like myself and did not contemplate suicide over it. It actually in a way is a major stress reliever to be able to go home and shoot up a few imaginary ppl on the internet. Extended periods of time and all night sessions would be a better sign. Anxiety frustration and stress related to these games though is another story. Any time you have a gamer who plays a lot onlilne you really need to monitor them and how much they play as well as their behavior.
    I think with out writing a essay he said "too much time" and generalizing ones experiences and the effect on them alone is not a reason for a debate on the subject. Don is sharing Chucks thoughts and that's good enough for me.

We all here have wished we spent time on the Internet doing something more productive.

Originally posted by swat
    I think he was referring more to the use of time.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345