DONATIONS for Chucko615, who lost a son - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Originally posted by mjd
    Don,
    I clicked on Pay-Pal and the page keeps blinking. I want to donate, but also want to know how secure this page actually is before putting down my credit card number. Every time I type on the page it appears to blink and restart.

MJD
    It's PayPal, their job is to be secure, it doesn't get any tighter than them. I have no idea about the blinking, it has never happened to me, try re-booting your computer.

Thank you everyone for donating to chucko, I will update the total later today. Don't forget about the auction:

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?threadid=51442
    don sleeth - HVAC-Talk Founder
    HVAC Computer Systems
    Heat Load Calculation Software

Update?

Hey, great job HVAC-Talkers!! As of 1:27 P.M Saturday our total is now $1,187.11

There is still this weekend and Monday, then I will be shutting it down.

I know you all will do what you can, and I am sure it will be greatly appreciated by chucko and his family.

Thanks

don
    HVAC Computer Systems

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Don Sleeth
    our total is now $1,187.11

This is a strange number. Does this mean that account
    accumulates interest? I've always thought that any interest goes to Pay Pal and this is how they make profit.

SORRY for the loss hope the donation helped wasent much. hope to here from you again back here on hvac-talk..

Originally posted by sigma This is a strange number. Does this mean that account
    accumulates interest? I've always thought that any interest goes to Pay Pal and this is how they make profit.

[/B]
    As far as I know, any money in PayPal doesn't accumulate interest. PayPal makes money by charging the money recipent a certain percentage if they have a commercial account that allows them to accept credit cards. That amount is probably the gross after the fees were taken out.

[/B][/QUOTE]

As far as I know, any money in PayPal doesn't accumulate interest. PayPal makes money by charging the money recipent a certain percentage if they have a commercial account that allows them to accept credit cards. That amount is probably the gross after the fees were taken out. [/B][/QUOTE]

It makes sense. I would not know that. I always use PayPal to pay, not to receive.

I just sent a $100.00 donation to help, I challenge the other business owners to match it. I lost a son when he was almost 2, about 20 years ago, I feel his pain, the lord blessed me with another son who is now 6. This is the worst pain a family can endure. Mike.

Okay Gentlemen, the current total is:

$1,297.11

That is the actual amount donated by HVAC-Talk members, nothing to do with fees or interest. As I said before, every cent you guys donate will go to chuck, do not worry about the transaction fees, I will handle them.

I will be closing off the page for donations at the same time the auction ends, which is 9:00 p.m. tonight!

So today is your last chance to help chucko615 through HVAC-Talk. Please do the best you can

Thank you!

don
    HVAC Computer Systems

Sorry, I aint been around.

I lost a VERY small son this weekend myself. Wifey was 4 months pregnant when we lost him. 2½oz. 6" tall. Very emotional Mothers Day weekend for us but nothing compared to Chucks loss. Here's a small ($150.)donation for you and your family Chuck, I hope it helps ease the pain a little.

[Edited by spotts on 05-10-2004 at 10:16 AM]
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Oh, I'm really sorry to hear that Spotts. I went through that at 5 months, many years ago. I was absolutely shocked at the feeling of loss that I felt at that time, I was taken completely by surprise. You are right though, it pales in comparison to the pain chucko must be in.

Thank you for your your donation.

don
    HVAC Computer Systems

Surprised?

Whooo Boy! Go in for a routine checkup, and I went along to see him swim on the little camera thingy and in just a second- it was over. Hows our GRAND total look Don? Sure like to see these $$$$ double today!
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Re: Sorry, I aint been around.

Originally posted by spotts
    I lost a VERY small son this weekend myself. Wifey was 4 months pregnant when we lost him. 2½oz. 6" tall. Very emotional Mothers Day weekend for us but nothing compared to Chucks loss. Here's a small donation for you and your family Chuck, I hope it helps ease the pain a little.
    I(we)went through that too. We went to the ultra sound and I knew something was wrong. This was before my son was born who is now 18mo and was 2 months premature, which was another stressful time.

didn't you just have a kid? You animal you

...I agree, it does not compare with chucks situation

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast