Help finding information.

I am looking for any information on American Standard 60,000 BTU Furnace - Model No. AUC060C936B7. Also looking for information on Ameristar 2.5 Ton A/C Model No. 2A7B0030A1000AA. Would like to know the seer rating for this package. Any help or information would be helpful. Thanks

Judging from the model # on the a/c unit, it's a 10 SEER.

If you're looking for an energy credit, it's not even close.

Furnace is 80% efficient.

Not looking for a energy credit. Just looking at it as an upgrade. It says it 92.1 AFUE.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by dogcatcher View Post
    Not looking for a energy credit. Just looking at it as an upgrade. It says it 92.1 AFUE.
    If you're going to do an upgrade, purchase a 95% furnace to get the tax credits as well.

I would but just dont have the money right now. I thought this furnace may be an improvement over my 1985 williamson furnace. I will also be replacing my ductwork at the same time. Was just looking at this setup cause the price is right.

Quote Originally Posted by dogcatcher View Post
    I would but just dont have the money right now. I thought this furnace may be an improvement over my 1985 williamson furnace. I will also be replacing my ductwork at the same time. Was just looking at this setup cause the price is right.
    I would think that with the federal and possible state credits available, the savings from those would offset the upgrade cost. The only bad thing about it is that you don't see those direct savings until tax season. I would have to think that if you're replacing a 20+ year old furnace, anything would be an improvement unless it's already a 90%+ unit. It would probably be much easier for people to go the 95% route if the tax credits were available with the purchase of the unit so you don't have to pay so much out of pocket and then wait til next tax season. It's too bad they couldn't do it like the cash for clunkers program. I bet there would be a lot more people taking advantage of the program then.