Extremely lucky family

Here is a nice touch, there was a wire dangling in the back of the closet and sure nuff it was LIVE!

[Edited by Steve Wiggins on 05-04-2004 at 12:19 AM]
    "And remember my sentimental friend......that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others" - Wizard of Oz.

Here is my theory....

The electrical rubbed through and shorted to the case. In a search for ground the current sparked a hole in the gas line. Ain't plastic drain pans great? They prevent any outdoor ground from providing a backup safety.

I think we need an electrican to check the entire house and a plumber to pipe the LP gas in some other way than through the return plenum.

Then....I'll do my part
    "And remember my sentimental friend......that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others" - Wizard of Oz.

Wazzup with da black ext cord?

Was that the service to the furnace? Why on earth did they?... oh never mind. Or was it stealing power from the furnace for something else? Never seem that before..

Accurate thread title, BTW.

I saw one similar to this last fall.

HO decided that the evaporator coil needed cleaning so he placed a towel over the furnace to catch water and debris. Forgot about it until the first call for heat when it toasted the evap.

Only evidence was small towel fragment in the furnace. He admitted to it though.

Frank

Re: Wazzup with da black ext cord?

Originally posted by spike
    Was that the service to the furnace? Why on earth did they?... oh never mind. Or was it stealing power from the furnace for something else? Never seem that before..

Accurate thread title, BTW.
    SJO cord

i have seen some bad stuff before but thats right up around the top. Makes me wonder how people that do crap work and don't care about the person that lives in the home sleep at night.

Thread title does say it all...

WOW.

Must've been a quick acting HO that kept that thing from torching the whole house.

Also gives a lot of weight to going all the way to the gas valve with solid pipe.

look like my house he heh

damn!!!!!!!!!
    R2B4BTU