Question Tridium Inet driver??

Does anyone know if tridium has an Inet driver, I would like to use a Jace 6 and integrate an old Inet system to it.

rjgddc
    There is no known driver in Tridum for INET2000 or INET7 system.
    The only way that you may be able to make it work is with the OPC driver for INET, otherwise you will need to install a Schendier Electric/TAC 527 gateway to LON or Modbus then to the JACE box.

Lontshooter

You might try contacting Jamie at http://www.quicksilverintegrations.com/
    Go Rangers!

[QUOTE=lontshooter;6210212]rjgddc
    There is no known driver in Tridum for INET2000 or INET7 system.
    The only way that you may be able to make it work is with the OPC driver for INET, otherwise you will need to install a Schendier Electric/TAC 527 gateway to LON or Modbus then to the JACE box.

Lontshooter[/QUOTe

Plexus has a Inet driver that connects to the Lan of inet (7798 serial port). its opc and a little slow but gives you every thing.

Lontshooter-
    If I have a 527, how do I communicate out with Modbus from the INET Sublan? I looked through the settings on the router and my TAC rep told me that it can only pass Modbus RTU out through to their software Vista and back out to the router to the INET portion? Sounds very inefficient to me. It would help me out greatly if you have a firmware load or the technique on how you did it. I really would like to send it Modbus IP but I can work with an RTU connection. Thanks.

Rjgddc,

We have have had great success with both the Quicksilver Integrations Inet driver and Infocon Inet driver, both work well with a AX Jace.We also use the the Plexus OPC driver to Inet.One thing nice with the Infocon Inet driver is that it supports Inet point discovery with out having to supplying a Inet data base for points to be mapped.Fortunately there are several options for integrating into a Inet system. Even Siemens has a Inet driver.

Regards,
    debug

Quote Originally Posted by debug69 View Post
    Rjgddc,

We have have had great success with both the Quicksilver Integrations Inet driver and Infocon Inet driver, both work well with a AX Jace.We also use the the Plexus OPC driver to Inet. One thing nice with the Infocon Inet driver is that it supports Inet point discovery with out having to supplying a Inet data base for points to be mapped.Fortunately there are several options for integrating into a Inet system. Even Siemens has a Inet driver.

Regards,
    debug
    Debug-
    Wow thanks for the info I will look into these!
    I do have some questions about their setup though

Can the infocon or QI inet driver be installed into say Top Server, kepware, or Ifix? Is it only for the Jace?

If it is only for the Jace, do i need to use EasyIO-AX Supervisor to redirect via modbus IP to my SCADA system in order to do point discovery with the Infocon driver?

Can they connect to an already existing controller or blackbox and poll the network or does it need its own dedicated one?

Is Kors Plexus OPC standalone or do i need to install PleXML?

General question is how is the speed per point?

Now I have seen several demos using the serial connection like mashworth stated but it was to slow to handle our controller network. It seemed to only work with less then 10 controllers with less then 2000 points. This year I asked the Tridium group and companies that seem to rebadge the AX Hardware platform as their own said they improved on their AX platforms significantly since then but I have yet to see a driver that can run at operational speeds with a large inet network.

Is that the case for what was mentioned above?

Give Lynxspring's Inet driver a shot
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    very soon it is you that will be pwned

Quote Originally Posted by joey791 View Post
    Give Lynxspring's Inet driver a shot
    Thanks i will look in to it joey.

Dcontrols,

Lynxsprings Inet driver is Infocon's Inet driver and should run fine on any manufactures Jace( We buy InfoCon drivers thru Lynxspring ). We have used it licensed with a Web Supervisor with a serial port connected to the Inet network and it has worked well with 8 or so Inet panels connected. Of course we are using it as a migration path while we are replacing the existing Inet controllers. Performance and speed are definitely affected by how many points you pull in to AX. I haven't had any problems with adding all the points display on a customers existing Inet graphic but If you want to pull in all points you may may find some lag time (and little patience needed) with point refresh. With the Infocon/Lynxspring driver I like the ease of being able to discover and add Inet point to the AX system when needed. I have used Quicksilver Integrations driver on a Jace 6 with 4 UCI controllers fully loaded and probably 10 other Inet panels on it and it has worked will as a work horse migration path. There are ways to add new Inet points to the system with the Quicksilver driver but it is not a discovery option. It helps if you inform your customer that the network performance is not going to improve anymore then what they have from existing there Inet front end. We have found both drivers have been a great migration path.Both drivers have been a great way to easily start sharing and migrating info between systems.
    I myself have not had much experience with the Plexus OPC driver but there are others in my company that have used it successfully many times.

Hope this helps.
    Regards,
    debug69

debug69..
    Can you command the Inet points that are pulled into the WebsAX using these drivers, or will they be viewable only? And is there any way to access / command the TIER1 CSI controller points, or would I need to put in JACE's to replace them?

Controlchick,
    Both drivers will allow you to command the Inet points (put Inet points in TEST or Manual). The big difference between Quicksilver's and Infocons (Lynxsprings version ) is that with Quicksilver's you will need to provide the existing panel database files (.save files which they will map the points for you in AX) you can also monitor the status (Test / Manual)of the Inet points if still connected and command by a Inet frontend. Infocons driver allows for Inet point discovery which comes in handy if you want to pick and chose what Inet points you want to add to AX.
    Hope this helps.
    Debug69

I'm using the Lynxspring driver, my question is, it appears that the controllers have different write priorities. If I write @def it sometimes appears that the controller ignores the command on others it works fine. Anyone else noticed this? Also what does the override on command do?