+ Reply to Thread

Thread: evaportor temperature

Post Likes
    I read the great article on "Troubleshooting the refrigerant system with superheat and subcooling" at this web site. I have one question, however. Is evaporator leaving air temperature same as an evaporator coil temperature? Thanks in advance.

Post Likes
    Sunghoon,
    Most likely, the article is refering to evaporating temperature. That is, saturated evaporating temperature. It is found by looking at your evap pressure, then converting it to a temperature. This tells you what is occuring somewhere in the middle of the evaporator, the boling point where the liquid and vapor refrigerant are touching each other.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by sunghoon
    I read the great article on "Troubleshooting the refrigerant system with superheat and subcooling" at this web site. I have one question, however. Is evaporator leaving air temperature same as an evaporator coil temperature? Thanks in advance.
    No, leaving air temp is the air coming off the coil, in other words, the air that has already blown across the evaporator.

The evap temp is just that, the actual temperature of the evaporator coil. (The piping that comprises the coil.)

Post Likes
    Sunghoon, study what a saturated liquid, and a saturated vapor are. Learn this and then you will understand what the gas is doing.

Boyles Law Somtimes called Charles Law.

Pressure/Temperature will help explain Liquid/Vapor

These are the keys to your quest.
    A Diamond is just a piece of coal, that made good under pressure!

Post Likes
    Evap discharge air is usally 10-20 degrees warmer then the saturation temp

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in