+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: EVAPORATOR ICING UP

Post Likes
    Ok boys and girls.... The fairy god mother said don't do that, but little did the boys and girls know....... You really want me to sugar coat it????

Post Likes
    Originally posted by psnewbie
    These are the most revolting coments that I have read in this forum.
    Shame on you.
    It may be shameful but from my own personal observations there is truth in what has been printed. Surely you must realize there are all sorts of races in this country that want something for nothing. BTW, someone getting their head lopped off is revolting. Stating facts about people that dont pay their bills is truthful.
    I pray not for an easy life but that I be a strong person.

Post Likes
    it seems there might be to much freon in the system

Post Likes
    Originally posted by psnewbie
    These are the most revolting coments that I have read in this forum.
    Shame on you.
    Thanks!

I was only shooting for repulsive!

Sorry if I offended your feminist sensibilities, Miss.

[Edited by condenseddave on 05-15-2004 at 02:22 AM]

Post Likes

Hmm useful replies

this is a great forum when people stick to useful information.opinions about things other than the trade just take up space on forum.

Post Likes
    Our country the USA over the years has invited, accepted and employed emigrants from all over the world. At any given time there have almost always been several waves of emigrants arriving to our shores. When newly arrived these people often bring with them habits borne out of a life of hardship, some of these habits are extreme frugality, great suspicion in matters of business as well as the feeling that if you can screw some service man before he screws you then you are a smart one indeed. All these bad habits go away with in subsequent generations. After all,...look at us, we are so much more refined than they are. LOL

Post Likes
    Until these subsequent generation's arrive, let them call Hamas for service.

[Edited by frozensolid on 05-16-2004 at 11:18 AM]
    A Diamond is just a piece of coal, that made good under pressure!

Post Likes
    Originally posted by frozensolid
    Until these subsequent generation arrive, let them call Hamas for service.
    Yep, these unsophisticated, undereducated, oppressed slobs that come here with MEDICAL DEGREES, and start practicing here really break my heart.

You do know about the interest-free loans that they can get to start the business with which they screw us, right?

If any of you think that this discussion has nothing to do with the trade, you have a LOT to learn about the trade.

Post Likes
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by NedFlanders
    [B]
    Originally posted by condenseddave
    Ragheads are cheap, and have a tendency to not pay after receiving service. Fact.

I am not politically correct, in fact, I'm often just plain not correct. Fact.

I don't care what others think about my attitude. I am discriminatory. I know and accept that. Big fact.

Here's a little list of businesses that I never conduct business with:
    • Asian groceries.
    • Asian restaurants.
    • Middle Eastern groceries.(Raghead, dothead...)
    • Middle Eastern restaurants.
    • Mediterranean restaurants.
    • Restaurants, of any variety.
    • Establishments that sell alcoholic beverages.
    • Establishments involved in gambling, legal or otherwise.
    • Any establishment that sells gasoline, in conjunction with any of the above listed items.
      • Above list subject to be added to in the future. No deletions will be made.

That's the way it is, I don't need to explain my reasons, but let me state here that my biggest tax problem for the last few years was having no uncollected debt to write off. I like it that way.

Damn , I want ot work for Dave!!!

Me too!!!!!

Post Likes

Thumbs down to dave

this forum is not for you to directly vent your racial opinions.post about your vast knowledge on servicing refrigeration equipment not your racial preferences.

Post Likes
    I must disagree with you HVAC, Daves comments were not purely racial. He also noted gambling, resturants, and booze.

Daves insights could be very useful to anyone starting a business. Just a couple of deadbeats like these, could put a hurting on a new business fast.

I saw his comments as more economic than racial. These groups did not get their reputations from Dave. Their reputations are rooted in their own business practice's.

His statments may have not been politically correct, but economically he was right on the money.

I am sure there are exceptions. But they are exceptions, not the rule.

Post Likes
    Let's see here, we have potential clients who need our services and we sometimes can't get past the way we think who they are and therefore we refuse them our services. Do I have that right?
    I work in the New York City area and there are all kinds of,..., well, what most would think, strange looking client's, from all over the world, who dress differently and talk differently and etc, etc, differently. But over the years I've learned to deal with them and they are my client base and I have learned how to build a friendly business relationship with them. I've had to.

It is true, though, that technically advanced people tend to be slightly less socially sophisticated than non technical ones. I guess we can't have it all.

Post Likes
    I don't personally care if they are from Mars. As long as they pay their bill's. When I see a pattern developing I stay away.

Dave just pointed out a few patterns he had recognized.

[Edited by frozensolid on 05-17-2004 at 09:15 PM]

Post Likes

Re: to dave

Originally posted by hvacplumb
    this forum is not for you to directly vent your racial opinions.post about your vast knowledge on servicing refrigeration equipment not your racial preferences.
    Gee, thanks, Miss 3 posts.

Post Likes
    We discuss business here, too.

Business is business.

The aforementioned groups have a history of not paying their bills in a timely, responsible manner, and often do not pay at all.

When they do pay, which is infrequently, they whine.

I know more about that subject than I do refrigeration.

Post Likes
    hvacplumb,
    I'll let you in on a secret. Dave is condensed for a reason. He knows what he is talking about. He knows more about refrigeration than most and he got that way from experience with the public. Racism would go away if everyone would quit carying their feelings with them to work everyday. I think most people confuse a stereotype with racism. Sad, but that is what you get when you try to be "politically correct". Let the crybabys cry and go somewhere you can get paid!
    P.S. Stereotypes are usually right on the money.

Post Likes
    I say the more english a customer knows, and the better the conversation with that customer the likelyhood of getting paid better. Its kinda like a gliding scale. Facts, and nothing but the facts.

Post Likes
    Just a thought, but why 18 degree coil on a box running at 35 degrees? Maybe your running your coil too cold for the application. Just a thought

Post Likes

Cool

Don't know if this will help but I've run into a few coolers in the past where the one fan was pulling air while the other/s where blowing air, creating a bypass situation where little or no air passed thru the coil (therefore no heat load). That will cause a unit to frost up in a heart beat.
    Another thing you may want to check, is if this unit will cycle off at any temperature. If not, you can rest assured it'll freeze up.
    I assume your by the sound of your super heat reading you took this reading near your compressor. I agree that may be a little low but that really depends on the length of your line set.Don't know if you are flooding or not. You may try taking the reading at the same place your TXV is measuring it, ie, at the TXV sensing bulb. I typical try to make sure the valve is feeding liquid to almost the full length of the coil to insure I get all cooling possible from the coil.

Again, I hope this helps. I'd be curious to know what finally does the trick.

Post Likes
    Dave you just cut yourself out of about half the market work here in the bay area.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in