Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hmm

I have a problum with a walk-in cooler with a McQuay RLC-200C-M_11 evaporator and a Tecumseh AgA4534Axa condensing unit and a sporlan Cfe-3-c valve runing 10 degree superheat and 18 degree saturation temp. Coil freezes up in an hour. I think it is because the txv is too large. I need some feed back. O,THE frost is even.

Thin layer of frost, or total restriction of airflow in one hour?

A thin layer of frost would be expected with 10 degrees of superheat and an 18 degree coil...

And, if you have a steady ten degrees of superheat, that's probably a bit low, but that valve is not terribly oversized.

I agree with Dave, the valve isn't too awfully big based on the idea that a conventional TXV will operate down to about 35% of it's rated capacity. It looks like the coil is 20,000 btuh. If it were mine to do, I would replace the TXV with either a 2 ton C body or a 1-1/2 ton G body. C & G bodies have the same size inlet and outlet SAE connections for the sizes involved. That said, I'm not so sure the valve is the problem. What is the box temp and what is the product? Is the door open all the time? What do the door gaskets/door frame look like? It sounds like there is a lot of moisture in there. Does the drain line have a trap?

It is heavy frost covering the entire evaporator and the box is kept at 35 degrees. It as two seperate refrigeration systems in it both ar 20,000Btu . One is this R12 system and the other R22. No problum with the R22 system. and both are running the same saturation temp. But the R22 has a 2TON valve.

If it worked before it should work now. What caused the original icing condition?

Check your air flow when the frost is gone, Air should be coming straight out the evap. If it is coming out blowing down or sideways your coil is iced internally.

Thats an old indian trick, taught to me by a very wise man.

If any one has been changing evap motors check your blade rotation.
    A Diamond is just a piece of coal, that made good under pressure!

I know that trick, From what I am told , it has always had this problum.

[Edited by coldboy on 05-03-2004 at 09:35 AM]

Two systems for 1 cooler? Hmmm... Maybe temp controls out of sync if there are seperate temp controls. I have seen similer setup w/two condensers/evaps for one cooler, and seperate controls were an issue, one system would take over control and frost up.

Are they cycling into defrost at the same time????

DO they cycle into defrot, or is this some cheapass raghead grocery, where they want to defrost with pressure switches???

Temper .. temper .... "rag-head" is NOT a politically correct word for describing individuals who know not how to manage grocery stores!

"Cheap-skate Micro-Manager"( IS the correct word though we cant use it here in this forum ...)

Ragheads are cheap, and have a tendency to not pay after receiving service. Fact.

I am not politically correct, in fact, I'm often just plain not correct. Fact.

I don't care what others think about my attitude. I am discriminatory. I know and accept that. Big fact.

Here's a little list of businesses that I never conduct business with:
    • Asian groceries.
    • Asian restaurants.
    • Middle Eastern groceries.(Raghead, dothead...)
    • Middle Eastern restaurants.
    • Mediterranean restaurants.
    • Restaurants, of any variety.
    • Establishments that sell alcoholic beverages.
    • Establishments involved in gambling, legal or otherwise.
    • Any establishment that sells gasoline, in conjunction with any of the above listed items.
      • Above list subject to be added to in the future. No deletions will be made.

That's the way it is, I don't need to explain my reasons, but let me state here that my biggest tax problem for the last few years was having no uncollected debt to write off. I like it that way.

There was no anger involved, BTW.

Just the truth.

Originally posted by condenseddave
    ...Here's a little list of businesses that I never conduct business with:
    • Asian groceries.
    • Asian restaurants.
    • Middle Eastern groceries.(Raghead, dothead...)
    • Middle Eastern restaurants.
    • Mediterranean restaurants.
    • Restaurants, of any variety.
    • Establishments that sell alcoholic beverages.
    • Establishments involved in gambling, legal or otherwise.
    • Any establishment that sells gasoline, in conjunction with any of the above listed items.
      • Above list subject to be added to in the future. No deletions will be made.
    Now we know why Dave does supermarket service.......it's the only thing left.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast