Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Guess we've always just replaced the valve when it comes to impact cases flooding, never gave much thought to the stem kit. Have to check with the local wholesalers and see if they are stocking them. I believe those valves are OEM are the stem kits or are they the same as other sporlan valves? We always refer to the Hussmann valve replacement chart that shows suitable adjustable replacement.
    Had an entire lineup of LWU's that were flooding on startup when Impact first came out, Hussmann airmailed the stem kits to install on every valve, since then only seen the occassional impact valve do the same.
    Watts New, Ohm My, I been Electrically Commutated. Are U2.

Hussman philosophy; lets use the worse valve we can, and then put three in every case.
    A Diamond is just a piece of coal, that made good under pressure!

Originally posted by mccool
    I believe those valves are OEM are the stem kits or are they the same as other sporlan valves?
    The Sporlan BI-series TEV used on the Hussmann impact cases use a KA-I/BI bottom adjustment kit.

I only saw that problem for awhile about four years ago, or so, then it stopped.

Changing the valve guts always corrected it. That and tightening the stinking BULBS.

Were the valves redesigned, or was the application corrected, or something, Andy?

I think the cause was the valves getting everheated on install causing the spring to squish ....................thats what i have found with them.

I PERSONALLY changed 350 of those damn valves..made OT 2 or 3 nights a week for monthes.

Originally posted by Andy Schoen
    Originally posted by mccool
    I believe those valves are OEM are the stem kits or are they the same as other sporlan valves?
    The Sporlan BI-series TEV used on the Hussmann impact cases use a KA-I/BI bottom adjustment kit.
    Guess I'll have to get some of them. Thx.
    Watts New, Ohm My, I been Electrically Commutated. Are U2.

Originally posted by condenseddave
    Were the valves redesigned, or was the application corrected, or something, Andy?
    The newer non-adjustable valves are simply holding tighter setting tolerances. That and determining the correct settings has no doubt improved things.

Originally posted by Freezeking2000
    I PERSONALLY changed 350 of those damn valves..made OT 2 or 3 nights a week for monthes.
    Yea, I'd quit if I had to do that too. I changed three in one day and my lungs hurt for a couple days. (Store remodel but same leaky ball valves at rack)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12