Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Well I pulled the freon the other day and replaced the orfice tube. Did'nt see anything wrong with the one I pulled. Pulled a good vaccum and started putting new 134 in. System holds 3.8 pounds. By the time I had just 3 cans in (36 ounces) suction pressure was upto 50 psi.

Both the rear suction line and the front are getting cold and sweating when system is running high rpm's. I think it has to be bad valves in compressor. Could the accumulator cause this problem?

I will put my money on bad compressor
    I have a ford arrowstar did the same thing
    High rpm got cold low rpm got not so cold .
    Pulled the compressor took it apart.
    It had I think it was two out of ten was the only ones that had the teflon rings still in place. The rest were gone.
    Put in another compressor,it was a used one put seemed stiff to turn so i was felling ok that it was good.
    anyway the ac cools good now.
    It is a r12 system.

I dont believe the accumulator would do it... all it does is catches liquid from the front evap that isnt boiled off and also is a drier.

When you purchase a new compressor will need to get an acumulator on the same ticket anyway for the warrenty on the compressor to be good.

Sounds like thats the direction your heading.

Let us know what the outcome is.

Well it's finally fixed. Got up this morning and called around one last time to get the best price on another compressor. While talking to one guy he said he had pulled one off of a gmc suburban that was working when he pulled it off. He told me to come get it and put it on and if it worked to come back and give him $45.00. I thought well this is cheap enough to try so I went and got it and put it on. It is working great!

In our prior phone conversation I told the guy that I did commercial hvac and he wanted to know if I did side jobs. He said he had a rent house that was not cooling good. I told him that I did not do side jobs anymore. But, when I went back to pay him I was so happy I took my tools and some freon. Ended up all it needed was about a pound of gas. When I got done he said were even.

Wow, it's nice to have a good day every now and then!

Thanks for all the help everyone!

Talking

Your Welcome!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12