Climatemaster help needed

Hello all,
    This is my first post here. I am looking for a little help. I have a 2 stage, 2 ton split system installed three years ago. Every season it has given me trouble. Thermistors, reversing valve, leaking coil in the York air handler. I decided to have a different local guy do the repairs this time when it broke (not the original installer). The unit was in lockout for low water temperature. Another bad thermistor. I also had them check the freon level because I felt it was not heating properly. When the system was working "properly" (in my opinion) it would blow 100 degrees from the register, but it was now only 90. The guy says the pressures are not reading correctly and that the low side was way too high. He did overcharge it, he told me that. The compressor was building pressure just fine. He determines that the TXV valve is bad. Couple days go by and he comes back while I am at work and replaces the TXV (trip number two). When I get home, the registers are blowing 80 degrees from second stage. I call back to say something isn't right. I only have a two degree difference between first stage and second stage and that used to be 10 degree difference. They come back out and tell me the compressor is bad. He says when he left on trip two that there was a 10 degree difference between first and second stage and that it was blowing 90 degrees in stage two when he left. He also told me that the TXV was installed backwards three years ago. He doesn't know whether the original installer did that or climate master. I don't think the installer installs the TXV inside the geo unit. Am I wrong about that? Anyway, point of my question is this. Is it possible that maybe this service guy has the TXV backwards and that is what caused the compressor to go bad within several hours? Could they have gotten dirt in it or something else to make the compressor die. It just seems odd to me that the compressor was fine for three years and was good the day they got here, but now after they work on it and it runs for several hours that the compressor is bad. Is it possible to see if the reversing valve is installed backward now without taking it apart? I could take pictures to show you.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A mess.

Think you may want to contact CM directly for some help, 1st finding someone that can competently diagnose this system, if things are the way you've described.

At this point the system has been deemed defective with the help of ClimateMaster not the guy who was diagnosing. ClimateMaster is replacing the whole geo unit under warranty (compressor section only of the split system). Anyone have any recommendations for an experienced installer in the York PA area? Should be fairly cut and dry procedure. Remove the old geo unit and insert the new one. Well you know, refrigerant, closed ground loop and desuperheater :-)

I'm very happy for you that ClimateMaster is going to warranty some portion of the repair, but I think you should hear yourself - " should be pretty cut and dry ... ect" , after all the problems you have been having.
    That's like saying my wifes having a baby - should be pretty cut and dry !
    Luck dan

Quote Originally Posted by tranquility27 View Post
    At this point the system has been deemed defective with the help of ClimateMaster not the guy who was diagnosing. ClimateMaster is replacing the whole geo unit under warranty (compressor section only of the split system). Anyone have any recommendations for an experienced installer in the York PA area? Should be fairly cut and dry procedure. Remove the old geo unit and insert the new one. Well you know, refrigerant, closed ground loop and desuperheater :-)
    That's good news. May I suggest that you have the indoor coil and refrigeration line replaced as well. You will have to cover the extra expense but it's possible that your existing system is now contaminated because of the failed compressor and/or the two previous repairs. You've also had a leaky indoor coil. You will never replace those items cheaper than when they replace the compressor section.

Thanks for the suggestion crmont. I had a guy here Saturday and he suggested the indoor coil be replaced just as you have suggested.

coil and line set