Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    From the pacific coast, live in the mid-west now!
    Quote Originally Posted by NINAX View Post
    Makes sense now.
    You might have wanted to disclose that bias the first time, when you were bashing the Loytec.
    Find me someone that has never had a biased thing to say. Yes. I work for a company that slings AAM, Reliable Controls, and services a ton of other control products that are either abandoned or cannot be properly serviced by the local integrator. No one is paying us to carry their products or to say bad things about everyone else. Sorry my comments have been so strong.

We've used LVIS before and stuck it on a few LON sites that we took over. It worked. To be honest (call it biased if you will), seeing comments from Loytec's own personnel regarding their views on BACnet completely turned our company off from wanting to use their products (and I'll bet we're not the only ones). I attended AHR in Orlando this year and I even heard a company say that they keep track of this site and elected not to do an OEM agreement with Loytec because of those comments.

In all seriousness though, I hope Loytec puts their best foot forward and gets it resolved. There are only a few companies out there offering BACnet solutions that do not require a "country club membership" in a controls line to buy. I realize opinions carry alot of weight and get your point NINAX.

If I were "integrator", I would be demanding someone from Loytec to come to the site.
    Last edited by hybridtheory; 03-27-2010 at 03:35 PM. Reason: mis-spellings and some bias!

Quote Originally Posted by integrator View Post
    Update

Loytec now knows they have issues with the L-Vis display using BACnet/IP. Not just with Johnson, but other vendors.

Hopefully within the next couple of months, they'll have these issues worked out.
    Has anyone else been able to independently verify this yet?

Works fine with Trane and Vykon Jace.
    Beware of the prophet trying to make a profit.

There is less oxygen from knee level to the floor! Check it out next time you tie your boots.

with a 12"

Is this with the 12" and using BACnet/IP?

Quote Originally Posted by integrator View Post
    Is this with the 12" and using BACnet/IP?
    That is what I am using.
    Beware of the prophet trying to make a profit.

There is less oxygen from knee level to the floor! Check it out next time you tie your boots.

Interesting

Interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by control_8 View Post
    Has anyone tried Red Lion? It looks like their G3 can do BACnet:
    http://www.redlion.net/Support/Downl...G3/BACnet.html

http://www.redlion.net/g3features/
    I have just started playing with these panels. So far they are great. I have found two BACNet problems so far that I am asking their tech support about.

1. They do not seem to communicate across subnets
    2. I can manual a point to priority 8 with the panel but have so far not found a way to release it.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by waldoverkill View Post
    I have just started playing with these panels. So far they are great. I have found two BACNet problems so far that I am asking their tech support about.

1. They do not seem to communicate across subnets
    2. I can manual a point to priority 8 with the panel but have so far not found a way to release it.

Cheers
    How did you wall/flush mount these on finished drywall?

Quote Originally Posted by amigo View Post
    How did you wall/flush mount these on finished drywall?
    We have not mounted it yet however you need to be able to get to the back of the panel to do up the screws that hold it on.

Yeah, there are some other interesting touch panels (not bacnet) but it always comes down to that they are meant for panel mounting and not flush wall mounting. I can't put a panel in client's living room,
    I wish more people made tubs that would accommodate this.
    Let me know if you find a solution.

subnet

I agree - from what I can tell to date, these device "will" be a great BACnet/IP touch screen device.

This is the reason we haven't dropped the device and will assit Loytec with figuring out some of these issues.

The subnet was mention during one of our tests, as we have 4 different subnets. The weird thing was it picked up a BACnet device in another subnet.

Have you set the BBMD tables in the devices? Only 1 per subnet needs to be set up as a BBMD or you'll have issues with circular routing.

kontrol out
    "Open is as open does." - Forrest Gump
    "Can't we all just get a Lon?" - Garry Jack
    "BACnet: integration or interrogation?" - The Janitor
    "Open protocols? You can't handle open protocols!" - Nathan R. Jessup
    “What’s that? Aaa… open protocols? Don’t talk about…. open protocols? Are you kidding me? Open protocols? I just hope we can hardwire an interface!” - Jim Mora http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE

Quote Originally Posted by kontrolphreak View Post
    Have you set the BBMD tables in the devices? Only 1 per subnet needs to be set up as a BBMD or you'll have issues with circular routing.

kontrol out
    BBMDs all operational. Other devices can speak across subnets.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast